Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2001, 02:02 PM   #1
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default New offline sales and publisher options with ClickHereForCellPhones

I checked with the moderator to get the okay for this posting.

We have made some intersting changes to the ClickHereForCellPhones program that effect current advertisers and potential future advertisers.

1) For the first time ever we have partnered with 3rd party affiliate programs to resell CH4CPs. The program is now online with FineClicks and CJ. FineClicks offers the same payout structure as SI's own program. CJ has a slightly reduced payout. If you already have an account with either of these companies I encourage you to check out our offer. CJ just came online today, FineClicks has been live for a few weeks. We have added a full time affilate service rep to handle these 3rd party affilaites.

2) We have developed a system for presenting our cell phone offer to charities and civic organizations. If you are a member of a charity or any type of USA civic organization (Kiwanis, Fire Depts, Masonic lodges, PTA's, etc) the charity can run our cell phone program offline (with materials we supply) and we will donate $40.00 for each phone delivered to the charity.
We have had tremendous success running this program locally. Many charitable organizations run all day bake sales or car washes to raise a few hundred dollars. With the cell phone offer they only need to hand out our brochures and they can make $400.00 by giving away 10 phones. There is no limit on what they can earn and we have an in-house sales person to deal with service issues for charities. We can also work a split revenue deal where you would get a portion of the commissions.

3) We have removed the credit card requirement from our cell phone application. This has lead to a drastic increase in the number of apps submitted (especially among older customers who are apparently very hesitant to give their CC info online). While the credit approval rate has dropped, we have still seen a net sales increase of over 40% since we made this change 3 weeks ago. This will not change our no chargeback policy.

We have added 20 people to our cell phone staff in the last two months and ClickHereForCellPhones is now the largest cell phone retailer in our market and in the top 20 in the USA. We've been able to use our bargaining power to make better deals for the customer which filters down into more sales for our affilaites. We also are now under contract with every USA nationwide cell provider. (We just added Verizon on 10/7/01).

If you have anyquestions about the FineClicks or CJ programs please contact jpeder@standardinternet.com. If you have questions about the fund raising program please contact me.
Old 10-22-2001, 02:55 PM   #2
yevlesh

I like how this sounds! I just applied for the program and will put it on my site as soon as I have a chance. Does anyone have any great tips for promoting this program?

Robert, can I simply popup the form like the one at http://www.clickhereforcellphones.co...Main&aid=&pid= on my site?

Yevgeniy
yevlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 03:06 PM   #3
Robert from SI

yevlesh,

We'd appreciate if you did not pop our page directly.

We do have a nice window sized ad you can use as a popup. it's on the banner page.

You also might want to think about making your own popup with a few text links and maybe a banner on it.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:32 PM   #4
roy7

Robert, it'd be nice if on your list of creatives you had some shorter text ads, like for use in a newsletter. The mailing list example text ad is just too long for that purpose. I'm thinking about buying some newsletter ad space to promote the program and see how it does.

Thanks,

-Jonathan
roy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 03:35 PM   #5
Robert from SI

jonathan,

Your wish is our demand.

We'll be getting more creative up asap. We already have a few requests from CJ affilaites for more 125x125 buttons.

You're free to use whatever text you like. I'll have one of of the cell phone sales staff come up with some shorter text options and give you character counts on them.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:51 PM   #6
Supermoo

Default Re: New offline sales and publisher options with ClickHereForCellPhones

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert from SI
2) We have developed a system for presenting our cell phone offer to charities and civic organizations. If you are a member of a charity or any type of USA civic organization (Kiwanis, Fire Depts, Masonic lodges, PTA's, etc) the charity can run our cell phone program offline (with materials we supply) and we will donate $40.00 for each phone delivered to the charity.
Robert,
Best of luck with the new changes, Although I have a few questions:

Are you considering a similar commercial-based offline sales for affiliates?

If so, have you got any rough guidelines for the date?

I've noticed that Yahoo! is now running a co-branded cell phone sales program, is this affiliated with you, and can we expect a similar service in the future?

Thankyou,
Supermoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 03:58 PM   #7
roy7

I expect it'd be hard to extend the online affiliate model to offline advertising, but maybe with a "special offer code" it'd be possible. I don't know.

But yeah it'd be really cool if you could do that. Then we could do direct mailings/etc to generate more sales.

-Jonathan
roy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 04:03 PM   #8
Robert from SI

Supermoo,

We already are testing offline affilaite sales. We can provide POS materials for anyone who wants to try it.

On the private label issue, we have our hands full right now, I don't forsee a private label program anytime before the 1st of the year.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:14 PM   #9
Supermoo

Thankyou Robert,

Best of luck with the new additions!
Supermoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 07:25 PM   #10
kec24

Robert...
We already are testing offline affilaite sales. We can provide POS materials for anyone who wants to try it.
Where can I get this information? Do you have an e-mail I can request it at?
Thanks Kevin
kec24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:28 PM   #11
cyrex
Member.

Hi Robert,

Like I said before I started promoting your program and alredy have 6 applications awaiting approval. My question is how long does it take you guys to approve or denie and application?
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:41 PM   #12
Robert from SI

kec12,
Send me an email and I'll route it to the proper person for you.

cyrex,
Right now it takes us about 3 or 4 days to process and ship from the time an app comes in. It can be as low as two days during the week. It all depends on volume.

Some apps can longer if there is limited coverage, if we need to ask the customer a question or if a deposit is required.

Either way, your applications show up in real time and the approvals are poted on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:20 PM   #13
theDirtiest

Default my experience with chfcp

originally i was excited about this program. however after running it for a little over a week I am no longer excited.

I have 290 click thru's. With 15 people submitting an application. Of those 7 haven't been reviewed yet (which could produce a winner - still hoping) and the other 8 have been denied.

I have read on SI's forum that "1 in 4 or 5 completed apps are approved as a rule of thumb." Well I'm at/near what should be two acceptances, but without any to show for it. hopefully one or two of the pending applications will be accepted or I will have to start second guessing the program.
theDirtiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 07:14 PM   #14
Robert from SI

The dirtiest,

Thats a very small sample. Keep in mind that even if you only get one sale out of your 290 clicks you still made a 12.7 cent CPC.

When we removed the credit card requirement we greatly increased the numbers of apps we receive daily. But we diluted the quality of them. The end result has been about a 40% overall increase in sales on about a 100% increase in apps. And sales are what you get paid on so it's a gain for the affilaites.

Keep in mind that getting apps approved are just like throwing dice. Just because the odds are 1:6 that you will roll a seven does not mean that a seven shows up every 6 rolls.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:28 PM   #15
cyrex
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert from SI
The dirtiest,

Thats a very small sample. Keep in mind that even if you only get one sale out of your 290 clicks you still made a 12.7 cent CPC.

When we removed the credit card requirement we greatly increased the numbers of apps we receive daily. But we diluted the quality of them. The end result has been about a 40% overall increase in sales on about a 100% increase in apps. And sales are what you get paid on so it's a gain for the affilaites.

Keep in mind that getting apps approved are just like throwing dice. Just because the odds are 1:6 that you will roll a seven does not mean that a seven shows up every 6 rolls.
Hi Robert,

I just wanted to make sure I understood you right. Basicly you are saying after you guys stopped asking customers for credit card numbers, the conversion number became 1:6? Because on your site in faq section it still said 1:4 the last time i checked it today about 2 hours ago.

thanks,
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote