Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 10:42 PM   #1
Synozeer

Default COMPLAINT: Standard Internet (AllClicks)

- Your complete and full real name
Adam Maysonet

- The exact URL of your site where this issue occurred
http://www.insanepictures.com

- Your email address of record with the vendor in question
synozeer@bellsouth.net

- The exact nature and timing of your contact efforts via email and or phone.
Emailed both Robert @ Standard Internet and the admin @ AllClicks once on the morning of 9/26 and again in the late afternoon, then contacted him via private message through GeekVillage the next morning.

- The exact nature of your complaint. Devoid of profanity, efforts to defeat our filter, with your own facts and not here say. Please be civil, very specific, and adhere to our Posting Guidelines and our Rules.
After being with AllClicks for nearly a year, my account was terminated and I was notified of the reason only after repeated emails. Robert stated the cause was fradulent clicks, yet my earnings are proportional to the traffic I receive on my site and have not spiked or gone up unnaturally. I also have never cheated Standard Internet. I asked for the evidence, no response. I asked how long this cheating was going on for, no response. I asked for the "non-fradulent" money I earned, no response. Overall, I am seeking my earnings that I have legitimately earned - I have no wish to continue using AllClicks at this point.

Last edited by Synozeer; 09-27-2001 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2001, 02:20 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Thanks for conforming to Item 5 of the Posting Guide, Adam.

If and when the merchant chooses to respond, their response should be shaped according to the following guide:
Quote:
Merchant/vendor member procedure for your FIRST post:

1) Your complete and full real name
2) Your position and title and company name with the company in question
3) The exact URL of your site
4) Your email address or company email address for resolution
5) Your response. Devoid of profanity, efforts to humiliate, abuse, attack etc. Details of your contact efforts. If YOU know from first hand knowledge that the member is a "cheater" or violated your rules then simply state this once if you are so inclined. Or tell them to contact you privately.

This is THE END of the dialog. A single response from both sides. After that it's taken up in private via private email. Additional comments by either side are never appropriate. Please remember that all of this data must be in your FIRST post. Data in your profile, the back seat of your car, your signature, your computers hard disk, or your best friends desk is never appropriate and does not eliminate the requirements. If a vendor responds with no record or similar verbiage the Webmaster Member is banned.

If you are not a party to the issue, but wish to add positive comments to the thread to help both parties, please do so. If you are not a party to the issue (you did not start the specific Complaint topic), and wish to post your own negative comments, YOU MUST START A NEW THREAD AND FOLLOW ALL OF THE PROCEDURES OUTLINED ABOVE.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 09-28-2001, 02:33 AM   #3
gallery

Thumbs down

Sniped and archived by Admin. RULES VIOLATION!

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-28-2001 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2001, 02:38 AM   #4
gallery

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-28-2001 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2001, 02:44 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Thanks for your quick apology, gallery. I was just considering how to respond to your initial post, which is most certainly border-line.

As you would have noted within the terms of Item 5, any comments made by members who are not a party to the issue must be made in a nature that is of assistance to both parties in resolving the dispute.

Though members rarely witness the follow-up that occurs after a legitimate complaint has been posted, often the issue is resolved in a fair and just manner when an honest mistake has been made. I have no doubt that if Adam has done nothing to contravene the terms governing the AllClicks program, Robert will react accordingly.

Making accusations or taking sides within a complaint thread doesn't help either party in the end.

Thanks again for yyour cooperation.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 09-28-2001, 03:07 AM   #6
Paul_S

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-28-2001 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2001, 08:16 AM   #7
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Robert Mooney
Standard Internet Corp.
robert@standardinternet.com
1-877-DOMAIN5

My first message from Adam was received at 1:07am on 9/27 and I replied to him persoanlly at 10:47am on the same day.

We noticed a sharp increase in traffic from Adam's and a number of other accounts primarily from one ISP in Australia. 6 of this accounts top ten referrers, and 16 of the top 30, were from a single block of AU IP addresses. We had been previously alerted to a method of cheating that was being run thru this Australian isp and another isp in florida.

Adam's AllClicks traffic (as well as the other suspect accounts) was redirected to a blank white page with an invisible blank white 1x1 pixel as the only link on the page. This blank page had some other fraud detection methods built in as well.

90% of the "surfers" coming thru this account found and clicked on this invisible 1x1 pixel producing a perfect 60% CTR.

All of this activity was documented and Mr. Maysonet's login was deactivated as soon as the investigation was complete. Mr. Maysonet's was presented with all of this information.

In summary, the unusual activity was noted, a very careful method of investigation was put in place and documented, and when it was determined that a high level of fraud was present, the account was deactivated and the affiliate informed.

Also, as an aside, a few days ago I notified the moderators of this and other forums, as well as a number of other program operators about this particular, and very sophisticated, method of fraud.
Old 09-28-2001, 10:18 AM   #8
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thank you both for your cooperation. As per our procedure, this thread is locked.

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-28-2001 at 10:28 AM.
Closed Thread