Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Default More Yahoo Publisher Network beta problems

Yahoo Publisher Network is still in beta and problems can be expected. But since Yahoo has been having so many problems, some are wondering just when they will be ready to come out of beta, and that it might be longer than expected.

Yahoo made some code changes this past Friday and as a result many Yahoo Publisher Network beta publishers experienced huge drops in earnings that were caused by problems associated with the code changes that didn't function properly.

Yahoo says they have the problem under control now and will continue to try to improve the situation.

A beta program can be very helpful and those of us participating in the Yahoo Publisher Network beta program expect some problems. Yahoo generally does a reasonable job of dealing with the problems. But the longer it takes Yahoo to get this Yahoo Publisher Network out of Beta, the more progress Google is going to continue to make with their AdSense program.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #2
fireklown

I was going to dump them after I had massive problems like 2 weeks ago, but thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

This week (started thursday, intro friday and some of saturday) My earnings not only dropped but were 0. Although there were plenty of clicks recorded. I emailed suppert and got a prompt response back (one area they are good) But the response I gt back made absolutely no sense.

Basicaly if I understand it correctly, they have no idea what ads were even clicked, so for that I will get no money. I emailed them back for clarification but haven't hard back.

this time I really am taking the ads off (already have actually) and will wait till they get their act together, if at all.

At this point, their beta seems to be going about as smoothly as bluetime did (as in not smooth at all)
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
cheatindex

I think you all are missing the point of a Beta program. Problems do occur, and you take on a risk by signing up for such programs. It's your every right to remove their ad codes, but I don't see why people are shocked that there are errors in the development process.

I blame companies like google and their GMAIL service, which while clearly done with beta development, still remains in the "beta" stages by choice. It fools people into thinking that next-to-no errors occur in beta stages, and that its business as usual.

It's not. You took a risk in signing up, live with it as hard as it may be.
cheatindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:31 AM   #4
fireklown

I don't fault them (much) for their problems in beta.

HOWEVER, you would think a company the size of Yahoo would do EXTENSIVE quality tests on something before even releasing it to beta. We're not talking a little ad network run out of some guys house, or a $400 office space over a grocery store running it by himself.

There will always be small bugs, even out of beta. However thus far YPN's bugs have been anything but small

Last edited by fireklown; 02-21-2006 at 02:31 AM.
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
dave989
Member.

I am from the UK and I can't wait untill the get out of beta, but now I am a little disappointed as I didn't realise publishers were receiving quite a few problems with it.

So their have been tracking faults, you can have default ads, and the targeted ads are not targeted.

It looks as if they are never going to come out of beta.
dave989 is offline   Reply With Quote