Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Archives of the best threads
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Default How to avoid being kicked out of AdSense

Google really doesn't like to kick people out of AdSense, and if every person played by the rules there wouldn't be a problem.

I know there are people who have been kicked out who have said they shouldn't have been. But that isn't the purpose of this post.

Google often says a lot of things and some things aren't all that clear because they leave themselves some wiggle room.

Google has provided 10 tips telling how you can prevent your site from being disabled. It might be helpful to read them if you haven't previously done so.

While they are all important, I feel the last 3 are very important and everyone in the AdSense program should pay special attention to them. Observation of number 8 and 9 would be very helpful to a lot of publishers and prevent some of the bad situations that some publishers face with the AdSense program.

Here is a link to those from Google http://www.google.com/support/adsens...y?answer=23921
Old 09-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

#11 If you're about to get a huge increase in visitors, let Google know a few business days in advanced and save your E-mail, and Googles reply.

I know of one webmaster who had his web site mentioned on a national radio show, got bombed with visitors and got terminated, for a few weeks and then was let back in. Yes, your own success can get you terminated, atleast temporarly.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
thegauntlet

#11 goes for any ad network. Most ad networks purposely give you xxx amount of impressions as a percentage of your daily average. If you get a large influx, you'll serve the same amount of banners in most cases and defaults on the rest.

Earlier in the year I did several radio shows and got bombed also. Some ad companies emailed me asking what was up and asked me to let them know in advance next time. The next interview i gave on radio I gave ample warning and had the ads to make some extra $.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:39 AM   #4
Aaron Dragushan

Thanks for the link Larwee, that's useful info to pass around. Cheers.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #5
demae

Any tips for people who already got kicked out, who want to get back in?

I got kicked out of AdSense months ago. I didn't pay too much attention to it at the time because I was busy with RL but now I'd like to use them again.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:44 AM   #6
PistolPete

12. Prayer

At least it never hurt.

Pete
Old 09-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #7
Larwee

GeekGuide

demae, the answer to your question is not as simple as a person might want to believe. It is very long and involved. Most of the time people aren't going to have any luck getting back in. Depending on why you were kicked out and the circumstances associated with it, there are some rare cases where people are let back in.

If you are willing to do a good deal of reading, here are a couple of Geek/Talk threads that do a rather good job of covering this problem

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=28523

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=28483
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #8
etechsupport

Larwee, thanks for the link.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #9
etechsupport

I think you'll be agree that google adsense is still not that much technically advanced to stop and identify an unscrupulous competitor or a person who generate fraud clicks as a resultant few innocent webmaster are being kicked out without any fault from their end, It's truly sad.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #10
Whatupdoc

Quote:
#11 If you're about to get a huge increase in visitors, let Google know a few business days in advanced and save your E-mail, and Googles reply

i think google is refering to traffic exchange programs and illegal click programs
Old 10-18-2005, 08:05 AM   #11
Nintendo

Quote:
Originally posted by Whatupdoc
i think google is refering to traffic exchange programs and illegal click programs
#11 was my own rule that I added! Users have been dumped after geting bombed with traffic, then let back-in after they contacted Google and had Google look at there account again.

#12: Don't tell your friends, family, pets, wackos....that you got web sites with AdSense. Last thing you want is them 'helping you out' and then geting dumped for invalid clicks!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:13 PM   #12
Eric_eLyrics

Quote:
Originally posted by etechsupport
I think you'll be agree that google adsense is still not that much technically advanced to stop and identify an unscrupulous competitor or a person who generate fraud clicks as a resultant few innocent webmaster are being kicked out without any fault from their end, It's truly sad.

This happened to my account once. I did some research on my server logs and found some suspicious IP addresses. I sent them to google. After 5 e-mails, they agreed to reactivate my account and release the check.

So talk to them, be patient, if you are truly a victim.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #13
jcourtenay

If you don't change your site too much after being approved, you should be OK.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #14
Larwee

GeekGuide

Arrow 2 more tips

Since this is a sticky thread and there was a new post made to it a few weeks ago I decided to take a new look at the thread to see if there are any important tips to help you avoid being kicked out of AdSense that should be added and I came up with a couple.

It is very important that you read the Terms Of Service and try to understand what is said. Google calls it Google AdSense Online Standard Terms and Conditions. It is also important that you keep up with the changes that Google makes to those terms and conditions. Google makes it clear that it is your responsibility to keep up with the changes. When they make changes, they tell which sections of the Google AdSense Online Standard Terms and Conditions have been changed.

You can be approved and things can change after you have been approved. Something that was allowed when you were approved may no longer be allowed. Something that wasn't allowed when you were approved may now be allowed. There are also several changes and additions they can make. It is essential that you do everything possible to comply with their Terms Of Service.

Another very important thing to keep in mind is what you should do if you aren't postive about something. If you aren't sure or if you have any doubts, you should Always contact Google and ask them. Don't try to do something if you aren't positive it is something that Google will allow.

If you make it a point to comply with the Google AdSense Online Standard Terms and Conditions and always contact Google when you aren't sure about something, you are helping yourself to avoid big potential problems.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #15
Rivux

Good points Larwee, I would just add that you shouldn't do something just because another site is doing. Ive seen webmasters get kicked out and then point the finger at another site, saying "well they are doing it and they arent kicked out". This goes for all ad networks, worry about your own site and whether it complies with the guidelines, don't assume that if someone else can do it, then so can you.