Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2000, 08:58 AM   #1
sargam

Unhappy Valueclick Not To Be TRUSTED!

The following is an email that I sent to valueclick. If anybody else has had a bad experience - then contact me qzk@radiosargam.com and I will try and sort it out for you.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently in contact with various Indian related websites, that have had a bad experience with Valueclick over the past few months, and I am compiling a definitive list of incidents.

We have serious concerns over the racial policy taken out by Valueclick. It is our thought that Valueclick are deliberetly terminating accounts of Indian origin. And as many of the current advertisers of Valueclick are Asian originated companies, this is an amazement!

An article will be published next week, in a mainstream international newspaper, relating to this problem.

Our legal advisors will be contacting the CEO of Valueclick directly also.

I would like to remind you that racial prejudice can not be tolerated in this day of age. Even more so for a company of your respect.

I assure you that this matter will not rest until all Indian terminated sites a rightly re-imbursed. It is now not a matter of re-instatement, it is a matter of integrity and company policy.

A full investigation is most urgent on your part. Until this matter is not investigated by yourself, I am afraid you will not have strong grounds to defend.

This message will be duplicated and sent to various Valueclick representatives, current known victims, and some current Valueclick advertisers.

Qamar
qamar@radiosargam.com
sargam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2000, 09:24 AM   #2
fairhousing
Member.

Lightbulb

good luck http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Click 4 some tested resources for making money $, hosting, and web promotion.
My Site Got Hacked, But I'm Coming Back?
fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2000, 09:40 AM   #3
Voltaire

Thumbs down

That sounds like complete nonsense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this another of some ignorant people jumping the gun on the whole race issue?

Look, Value Click has stated that they are only intererested in sites with English content, and US visitors. Yep, visitors that are from the USA.

Perhaps Value Click employees aren't very bright, and reject any Indian based sites without considering where the traffic comes from - they just assume. That may be the case, but it's a far cry from racism.

Do you think there is some big conspiracy going around the multi million dollar company? Do you think the owners of Value Click have singled out Indian sites, because they hate the country?

If so, then they are also racist against the Chinese, the British, Canadians, and just about any country outside of the US. The company has been trying to get away from as much non US content as possible, to please advertisers.

They have also recently raised the bar for quality standards. It is now almost as hard to get into Value Click as it is Burst - something that was very different 2 years ago. It is possible that sites with lower quality or of untargeted audiences are being terminated.

Have a look into the various options, but don't resort to playing that silly race game.
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote