Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2003, 04:18 PM   #16
AhmedF

PR is over-rated.

JimsWorld had an interested article on its possible demise.
AhmedF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 04:48 PM   #17
jclarkkent2003

Quote:
Originally posted by jdsalr
Hey,

If the guy wants to buy a pr 7 site...let him. He has every right too. Personally , I currently own 50 plus sites and none of them have a pr7. The two pr7 sites I did have however, I sold for big bucks. Both of these were 3+ years old, with tens of thousands of links, very tough to come by. Good luck in your search!
No one is stopping him, everyone is just giving their opinion, as long as PR stays important, 2 grand may or may not be enough for a site with PR 7 depending on many factors.

BTW, do you mind letting me know which sites you used to own that had PR7 and how much you sold them for? PM me if you don't want to publically post but I'd really appreciate to know more.
jclarkkent2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 08:10 AM   #18
jdsalr

Quote:
Originally posted by jclarkkent2003
No one is stopping him, everyone is just giving their opinion, as long as PR stays important, 2 grand may or may not be enough for a site with PR 7 depending on many factors.

BTW, do you mind letting me know which sites you used to own that had PR7 and how much you sold them for? PM me if you don't want to publically post but I'd really appreciate to know more.
One was http://skinz.org which appears to still be running strong.
The other was http://www.funxbox.com which appears to be going down the crapper.

Sales prices are confidential tho Merry Christmas!
jdsalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 07:16 PM   #19
jclarkkent2003

Wow, that's great, I visit those sites all the time actually. How about a ball park amount? I am curious bc I hope to have PR 7 's in the near future and I'd like to know an estimate of worth. PM me.
jclarkkent2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #20
AhmedF

Uh ... its not the PR7 that gives it any value.

http://www.indians.org/welker/apache.htm

PR8 - What do you think ITS value is? PR is just cream on top.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:27 PM   #21
jdsalr

Quote:
Originally posted by AhmedF
Uh ... its not the PR7 that gives it any value.

http://www.indians.org/welker/apache.htm

PR8 - What do you think ITS value is? PR is just cream on top.
Ahmed makes a good point. It would be interesting to see what someone who is only interested in the pr of his site, would be willing to give him for it. A pr8 is excellent either way.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:46 PM   #22
Rawplaster

Who sells a PR7 site for $2k? I know I wouldn't.
Rawplaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #23
Rawplaster

Quote:
Originally posted by jdsalr
One was http://skinz.org which appears to still be running strong.
The other was http://www.funxbox.com which appears to be going down the crapper.

Sales prices are confidential tho Merry Christmas!
Screen-Savers-Only.com is now redirecting to skinz.org, do you know what happened to the original owner of the screensaver domain, Daniel?
Rawplaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 09:54 PM   #24
Czar

Webmaster

Pagerank means bugger all in terms of website value. As has already been suggested here, it's just one quantitative measure of apparent relevancy, but one that can not only be manipulated, but which plays only a moderate role in determining search engine ranking.

NET-ADS had a PR of 8 for about six straight months. It has since slipped back to 5 due to algo changes and the like, with absolutely no effect on the site's traffic. In fact, it's SERP ranking on several high-value keywords has improved since the dramatic drop in PR.

I, too, have no objection to someone buying a site because of its PR. There are people who buy cars because of their handy drink holder. It's just that the many comments here claiming that sites that have PRs in advance of 7 are somehow immediately and conclusively valuable, regardless of their content and position in the market, seem a little off-base.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:12 PM   #25
jdsalr

Quote:
Originally posted by Rawplaster
Screen-Savers-Only.com is now redirecting to skinz.org, do you know what happened to the original owner of the screensaver domain, Daniel?
No, didn't even notice that. Wonder what's up?
Old 12-26-2003, 02:28 AM   #26
Breesy

I have to disagree that PR is not a major factor...

While google maintains its current market share (which it wont) and while PR has such a strong effect on the serps, then any site at with a PR7+ should be worth atleast $2000.

PR being a solely a ranking factor, means that a PR7 domain name with anchor text to match will mean that you could set up just about anything there and have it ranking very highly on google (+ Partners: Yahoo, AOL) for your anchor text keywords.

If you would like to prove me wrong, I challenge someone to get on the first page of google for any even remotely competitive search term without PR.

Its also not only about getting rankings, (I would not advise it tho, as a google dimise shouldn't be far off, as soon as yahoo reverts to whatever else their going to use [Inktomi?] over half of all google powered searches will be powered by a PR-less SE) But it is also possible to resell that PR via text links for a reasonable price, especially if you have a substantial amount of high PR subpages...
Breesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 04:10 AM   #27
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

My...what an interesting thread

I love challenges:

PR 5 for http://www.free-webmaster-tools.com/

Ranked 4 or 3 and has been that way for over one year!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ebmaster+tools

Dare I say that this term is not only competitive but folks pay a ton of money on the right hand side of the page PR is a very minor consideration in the equation and has little if anything to do with serps and should be viewed as either "icing on the cake" or a natural result of other far more important site construction and maintenance procedures.

I have others. Trust me
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 04:16 AM   #28
AhmedF

Breesy, if we are talking about big ones such as web hosting or deb consolidation etc -

The pagerank is a side-product, not the cause of their rankings.

If I buy a PR7 site on igloos [for example], I can only compete within the field of igloos. Get into web hosting, and I will need a web hosting site. A PR7 site will command more than $2000 - not because of its pagerank, but because of its market.

Argh its too late for me to think clearly . I think this thread is broaching too heavily into SEO anyhoo
Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #29
ins2012

hi There
if You need Site With Page Rank 5 , 6 , 7 i Have . PM me .
Backlink From some Site With Page Rank 7 , 6 , 5 , 4 , 2 , 1
Backlink From All Site Monthly Just 100$ . All Site have Daily Index in Google
For More Details And Take List Of Sites
PM Me
Thanks
ins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #30
ins2012

hi
i have some site with page rank 7,6,5,4,2,1
if You Want More Details PM Me .
Backlink from all site for one mounth is only 100$ .
ins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote