Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Arrow Yahoo Publisher Network (YPN) tells you what you did wrong

Yahoo has been having a number of problems with their Yahoo Publisher Network. But they have recently made a very positive move that is very popular.

You have a page or pages that are against their terms. Yahoo doesn't like it and your account is in danger. However you don't know that you have done anything wrong and you have no idea what it is. Yahoo will now tell you what the problem is and give you a chance to correct it.

Yahoo Publisher Network has introduce Compliance Manager to handle this. Here is the way Yahoo explains Complaince Manager:
Quote:
If a compliance issue is detected on one of your URLs, you will be notified via email and through an alert in your secure account interface. These will direct you to your new Compliance Manager control panel. The Compliance Manager will inform you of what the issue is so that you have the opportunity to fix it. Once you’ve addressed the issue, you can then go back to the Compliance Manager to submit the remedied URL. We’ll get back to you with a status report, usually within seven business days.
Compliance Manager is under the Report tab. It can only be seen when there is a violation. When you have corrected the violation or violations, you will no longer be able to see the Complaince Manager.

Violations might not be shown on Compliance Manager before you are suspended. If it is a serious violation you will be suspended without warning. But, you will be notified of the violation so you will have a chance to make changes and clear the violation with the use of the Compliance Manager.

You might be notified prior to suspension when minor violations are involved.

If you are a person who continues to violate the Yahoo terms of service you could be permanently banned.

You can still login to your Yahoo Publisher Network account after you have been suspended and view stats and payment information.

This is a very good move by Yahoo. Maybe Google will soon offer something like this for AdSense. This feature can really help serious publishers who want to play by the rules.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

That's a great system, as long as it's still tough against deliberate offenders.

There's nothing more terrifying about AdSense than the threat of joining the ranks of publishers who claim to have been banned for no specified reason. While it's clear from experience that most banned publishers did breach the program's terms, it's still possible for publishers to make genuine mistakes from time to time. A warning system would help to keep quality publishers in the system, even if they have accidentally slipped up once or twice, while also helping to strengthen enforcement of the prgram's terms to better serve the program's advertiser base.

Kudos to Yahoo for being brave enough to put this system into practice.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
JFS

i really hope that adsense follows

and respect to Yahoo for being in the frontline with this inovation.
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
batcavenet
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Yahoo's support is much more rational and reasonable I have everything with them now
batcavenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
JFS

your lucky...i can't
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #6
silence

too bad adsense couldn't do this
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
fusionhosting

Wow, that's a great move by Yahoo. They're really capitalizing on the fact google provides little to no support or contact with their partners, especially when accounts come into question.
fusionhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
Alex|Canep Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionhosting
Wow, that's a great move by Yahoo. They're really capitalizing on the fact google provides little to no support or contact with their partners, especially when accounts come into question.
Yahoo is trying to succede in every aspect that Google is failing for hopes of taking away a lot of their publishers when its Publisher Network goes public.
Alex|Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

That's a great strategy for a follower. They sure are taking their sweet time with the global roll-out, though, which is allowing Google to further entrench its lead into several high-growth markets where Yahoo is completely absent.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
HenryForum

Does google have this kind of alert? I've heard google will deactivate your account when they see you have invalid clicks without telling you before hand
HenryForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
Alex|Canep Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryForum
Does google have this kind of alert? I've heard google will deactivate your account when they see you have invalid clicks without telling you before hand
What google usually does is they send you an email with an explanation of why your account is being banned. They don't ask you to remove code form a webpage usually, they just ban your entire account.
Alex|Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
HenryForum

Yes, that is what i concern about google adsense. Eventhough they told you they will let you know which sites you can put your codes on or not...and in the end they just ban your account without telling you...

good network but some how they need to have this kind of alert or hire more techs to do this..
HenryForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:21 AM   #13
suresk

This sort of thing has been a problem since I started doing this stuff, roughly 8 years ago. Having been on both sides of the equation, I don't see an easy way to deal with it.

That said, I have been warned by Google in the past over a minor issue, and immediately fixed it without losing my account. Granted, I wasn't being accused of fraud or anything.
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
ingenuity1996

Another thing, once u get banned from google, it is almost impossible to get your account back. You can try to sign up a new account or use family member's info etc. but when it comes to payment time, they'll still find out and ban you somehow. They seem to have a nice program to detect these kind of things.
ingenuity1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #15
speedyturtle

ITs a shame they are not in UK or i would have love to go with them.
speedyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote