Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Archives of the best threads
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Email client?
MS Outlook Express 13 38.24%
Pegasus Mail 5 14.71%
Netscape Messenger 0 0%
Eudora 9 26.47%
IncrediMail 1 2.94%
ePrompter 1 2.94%
Other 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2001, 11:51 PM   #16
Kaiosama

Default Outlook Express

It's not particularily great but it comes pre-installed and is fully functional. It's not as bloaty as Outlook and has less features but gets the job done. I have enough memory to handle it and is great for the lazy/busy people who just want to get their system fully functional really fast.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:42 AM   #17
Scuba

Unhappy Re: Outlook Express

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiosama
It's not particularily great but it comes pre-installed and is fully functional. It's not as bloaty as Outlook and has less features but gets the job done. I have enough memory to handle it and is great for the lazy/busy people who just want to get their system fully functional really fast.
This is exacly what killing all the good programs.
If I had to use outlook I'd use the full version that came with office and get all the extras. But using outlook Express with all it's security holes and Viri magnets is
Installing Eudora take me sell then 5 min including configuring it.
It can (and do) check all my pop acounts, I can set were the files are being saved for easy backup. When ever I send an atachment it is being sent as the file I sent and not some strnge .dat that is incompatible with all the other Email programs.
It have options to Sync files with friends and some more stuff like the mood watch

You will not regret of crossing over to the right side
Old 10-13-2001, 01:08 AM   #18
ref
Member.

Looks like nobody is like me. I have no email programs installed on my computers. From time to time a firewall tells me that some secret agent tried to email from my machine[s] tough luck :**