Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow Our CMS relieves stress better than a back massage

vRating CMS
Price: $125

Click Here To Order Now!

Q. What does this thing do?
A. It makes your life a whole lot easier. You won't have to worry about updating your website every day if you fill your queue up with enough content. Everything's automated, including your menus, so you will not have to do any updating to the code unless you want to change an advertiser, change the layout, etc.

Q. What type of site is this for?
A. It's made for a humor website with text jokes and pictures. But, it can be used for sites with categories and subcategories, and a seperate page for each content. This can include (but is not limited to) lyric sites, ringtones, poems, etc. There is a rating system, pageview counter, etc. but this can easily be disabled if it doesn't fit your type of site.

Q. What is this thing called a "queue"?
A. You can fill up your queue with as many jokes and photos as you want. Every night at midnight (this is changeable) the script will add one joke and one photo into the live database for your visitors to see. On top of this, it will also include any postdated content you have inserted into the queue. Let's say, for example, you are saving some Santa cartoons for Christmas time. You will not have to save them with this script. Just go ahead and insert the Santa cartoon (with the easy upload feature) with the date you want it to appear.

Q. Isn't there a big strain on the server with this script?
A. Not at all! The script will generate an HTML page for every joke, category page, and several others. Every hour (changeable) the script will update these pages with up-to-date information (such as pageview count, vote totals, etc). The actual files aren't called but once per hour. The HTML pages are all created with a unique file name that is designed to attract search engines. Let's say you had joke called "A Stupid Blonde" - the script would make the page called "A-Stupid-Blonde.html".

Q. How easy is it to change the templates to fit my existing design?
A. Easier than you think! There is an online interface designed to let you add/edit/delete and activate as many custom skins as you would like. In fact, there are four that come free with the script! You do not have to have every feature available on your site (joke totals, voting section, etc.) - it is totally customizable!

Q. What if I want to add content that contains HTML?
A. No problem! Just insert it into the joke box area and it'll display properly.

Q. What else is there?
Lots, but here are two more main features: (1) You can use the "Generate Newsletter" Wizard help you create a custom
newsletter. Tell it how many jokes & ads you want displayed, and some other custom options (including using most recent jokes or random). There is even an option to send to Lyris! (2) You can edit the "Print Page" template right from the admin panel by inserting the variables anywhere you want in it!

Click Here To Order Now!

Click Here To Visit The Online Admin Demo! (make sure to activate different skins)

Click Here To Visit The Actual Demo Site

Quote:
I got the vrating setup a little while back, and have been VERY happy with it so far. I had some serious mods done to it by Mary and Alan - and all I can say is that working with them has been a real pleasure. They are VERY responsive to all the suggestions I have throw to them, and they have done everything I wanted very fast, and have been able to "guess" what it is I was really looking for, something you just can't put a price on.

The downside is that the program is a little complex for me personally, with my ZERO knowledge of PHP. The upside to this is that they both were extremely ready to assist in my set up, and even did a few tweaks that I didn't ask for that made things even better than I had expected - something you can't put a price on - developers who actually CARE what YOUR site looks and acts like!

I've probably had 100 scripts built for me in the last 6 years, and I can honestly say that these two have been the best of the lot, in terms of understanding what I was looking for, and getting things done fast, and accurate.

Obviously I value service above all, and vratings crew is outstanding in that department.

Foggy of MyPranks
Note: His only concern was fixed in Version 3!

Member: Jokes-Central

Last edited by Steve_S; 04-03-2003 at 10:27 PM.
Closed Thread