Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Google Search Engine and AdWords
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
Gracklor

Question Web site Thumbnails Appearing at top of Google Search Engine Results?

I got a phone call from my mom in regards to a company that claims that if she purchases keywords, they can guarantee that her web site will be displayed above search engine results in google and all other major search engines.

Of course, I immediately tried it out and it didn't seem to work. Also, the web site is http://www.CNPBS1.com/ which really doesn't seem like a serious web site domain name. You'd think that they'd be able to find a decent domain name.

Has anyone heard of this? I don't think it's legit, but I wanted to see if anyone had seen or heard anything.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Gracklor; 09-15-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
praveen

what a bunch of ****sters..

yeah, as they said the site does appear above "google" using iframe.

clever *%%^&$%^^%^%^&%^&%
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:09 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

I'm seen some useless services in my time, but this one takes the cake as far as search placement ****s are concerned.

If you want to appear at the top of the results on any of the major engines, there are only two routes to take:
- Natural Optimisation
- Paid Placement

Ignore all the other noise that's thrown at you from unethical players such as these guys.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:27 AM   #4
Eriky
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

LMAO!

"Benefit from State-of-the-Art I-Frame Direct Link Technology"

Are these people taking themselves serious? Hilarious
Eriky is offline   Reply With Quote