Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2001, 06:55 PM   #1
1lit

Question Search engine affiliate programs...

There was an incredible site I visited a few weeks ago which was dedicated to all the various search engines that had affiliate programs i.e. they paid you to carry their search boxes.

I didn't bookmark it because I already have a couple of hundred bookmarks and I thought I'd stick with the highest-paying search engine program at CJ, whatever it happened to be. I thought at least with CJ the earnings are aggregated and if one affiliate program closes down I can just jump onto another one.

With CJ's recent decision to drop CPC and to charge a minimum 30 cents lead-commission to merchants, all those seach engine programs that paid 2 or 3 cents a click/search are going to leave them.

Which means I have to find one outside of CJ...

I spent a couple of hours trying to find the site I was talking about it, but to no avail. It was brilliant, because the site was up-to-date with the current commission rates and the webmaster also compared whether they paid on a first or second click, whether the search engines bombared my surfers with pop-ups etc. etc.

Most affiliate directories I found at Google are out of date; AssociatePrograms.com etc. are not detailed enough.

Anybody know what the URL might be of that site dedicated to search engines that pay?

Also, which search engine affiliate program would you recommend? I have signed up and been accepted for AdSearches, SearchTraffic, 7Search etc.

I have various literature sites with high quality traffic. I don't want to pre-fill the search-boxes with gambling or other seedy keywords.

I'd like more than 2 or 3 cents per search, but most important is that the company PAYS. There are too many crooks out there. The last thing I want to do is have to change all my links again in three months.

Thank you guys http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif And no thanks to CJ - all they've ever given me since I signed up with them is headache.

------------------
Nadeem Azam
Litmania.com Inc.

Free Banners - free website promotion
Web Banners - award-winning 1:1 banner exchange
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:20 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

The site in question was most likely SearchPrograms.com. It's administered by a Geek/Talk member (torifan), which explains why it remains so up-to-date.

All three of the programs that you have joined are reputable, and these are arguably the best search programs presently available (with Snooply, GoClick and GoTo in that list also).

You'll find much praise for SearchTraffic and AdSearches, in particular, within these pages.

Best of luck.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:59 PM   #3
JonPKibble
Member.

Unhappy

I haven't had good experience w/Search Traffic and AdSearches. AdSearches pays on time, but I have had trouble getting clicks. SearchTraffic... read the other thread, I posted something on there. "Grr..."

I recommend... GoTo. Always pay on time, even if the time is far (quarterly, net 60). 2 cents per click, prefills OK. (as long as you let them know and get the OK - if there's something with a bid of at least 5 cents you should be okay, and that is their minimum now for new advertisers. Plus GoTo IS the biggest...)
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:56 AM   #4
1lit

Unhappy

Czar, you should be Czar!! Thank-you, that was it. I spent hours looking for it!

JonPKibble, I know business is business, but I HATE GoTo after they raised the min. advertising fee to 5 cents. They are arrogant. I would never use them. And the results they throw up are TOO blatantly commercial. I wouldn't do that to my surfers.

------------------
Nadeem Azam
Litmania.com Inc.

Free Banners - free website promotion
Web Banners - award-winning 1:1 banner exchange
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 09:58 AM   #5
torifan

Unhappy

Litmania, Thanks for all the compliments! (And thanks to Czar for helping Litmania with his bookmarks). The search program world is so crazy, I made the site just so I could have someplace to go to pick the next program to try on my other sites. I'm glad others have been helped by it too.

The CJ changes are a major blow, as it will wipe out two of the more promising programs (Searchgalore and Searchpower). Searchgalore still has their in-house program, but it pays quarterly.

------------------
Dave
Searchprograms.com - 30+ searchbox programs rated and reviewed
SportsGirls.net
torifan is offline   Reply With Quote