Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2000, 01:50 PM   #1
mycashweb

Question How much should e-zine ads cost?

I have a few opportunities to advertise in ezines coming up, and I'm interested in some ballpark estimates of what a reasonable price is.

Of course its going to depend on the size of the list, the location and size of the ad, the extent to which the list is "targeted", but is there a general rule of thumb to go by?

If I had to guess, I would say it is around 1 cent per e-mail, does that sound about right?

If you could just post either what you have paid in the past, what you have charged in the past, or what you think is a good ballpark figure, that would be great!

Thanks,

------------------
Maximize your Website Income! Audit your Website Revenue at: http://www.mycashweb.com
Top New Website Affiliate Program: http://www.mycashweb.com/sp.htm
mycashweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2000, 02:08 PM   #2
JP Sauve
Member.

Unhappy

I've found there isn't much of an average to speak of. General public newsletters will cost you between $1-$5 CPM. I charge up to $3 CPM for ads in ScoreLarge.

For affiliate webmaster targetted newsletters, which is probably what you want, you can easily spend over $20 CPM.

Highest I ever heard about was a stock tips newsletter that charged $50 CPM. Not sure if he ever got it though.

------------------
JP Sauve
ScoreLarge.com - free stuff and bladder busting humor
JP Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2000, 08:36 PM   #3
Aaron Dragushan

Unhappy

1 cent per subscriber (which works out to $10 CPM) is definitely on the high side, IMHO. It depends of course on targetting, of course. What is your target audience?

To give you a reference point, I sell my ad space for $2.5 - $5 CPM, though I aim for $4 and up. That's about average for my industry (humour). If you want a cheap deal, I recommend Ray Owen's Jokeaday.com He's a bargain.

- Aaron
Aaron Dragushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2000, 07:26 AM   #4
mycashweb

Smile

Thanks a lot Aaron and Suave,

That gives me a good basis to make some comparisons. I appreciate your input!

Damon

------------------
Maximize your Website Income! Audit your Website Revenue at: http://www.mycashweb.com
Top New Website Affiliate Program: http://www.mycashweb.com/sp.htm
mycashweb is offline   Reply With Quote