Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 10:48 AM   #1
Mbarb

Default Website Statistics Site

Admin note on 10-17-02: Member notified me the site is sold. Congrats and best wishes Locked

1. Your name?
Matt Barbian

2. URL(s) of site?
Http://www.estats4all.com

3. Age of site?
The site was established a year and a half ago.

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor?
We currently have about 7000 visits and 15,000-30,000 page views per month.

5. How does site generate income? How much?
Currently we only use Fastclick 468x60's no pops or inveu ads and my house ads as a default. With this combo we generate very little revenue, less than $10.00 per month. I think the right person could take this site and make it a "Webmaster Resource" site, start a newsletter etc and make it into a nice profitable site. I cannot comment on the cost to run the site because I host it on my server with a few of my other sites. I do not spend any money on advertising/marketing.

6. Who develops content and administers the site and how much time does it require?
To date the site only provides a service, no real content generation. The site can be fully automatic except for member support, Total time is less that 30 minutes per day.

7. What industry/audience does your site serve?
Webmasters/website operators

8. Is knowledge required of the industry served by your site?
General knowledge of how the internet works,

9. Reason for selling?
Lack of interest/time. I started this site with the intention of making it a one stop webmaster resource site. For some reason I lost interest in the site. I'm also focusing much of my time on some of my other ventures. I don't really want to close the site, I would rather pass it on to someone that can expand and grow the site.

10. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?
I will do everything can to help with the transition of the site and eliminate or minimize downtime for the members.

11. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?
No

12. Asking price for the site?
Make me a offer...

13. Hosting Requirements
This site uses very little bandwidth (2.5gig in September) but because of the size of the MySQL database and amount of MySQL activity it should be hosted on a dedicated server

This is a website statistics site similar to Extreme Tracking. The site is based on a PHP/MySQL script ,pphlogger. Last month we logged just over 1.8 Million page view for our members. The site has a small but growing number of members (<500). The site can have a fully automatic sign-up system however for now I'm screening each new application.

Any question, feel free to contact me

Last edited by Steve_S; 10-17-2002 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:25 AM   #2
jokearound

do you have an asking price (ballpark range?) in mind?

thanks

Last edited by jokearound; 10-02-2002 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:32 PM   #3
ajiabs

Default Hosting requirement?

Can you give some idea about how much % of CPU it is using currently on your server and server details. I am trying to see if I can squeeze it in my existing server. ie. if I get the site

Last edited by ajiabs; 10-02-2002 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:52 PM   #4
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

It's a fantastic open source script which runs this site. Visit:

http://www.phpee.com

And see the Forums at:

http://www.iezzi.ch/phorum/list.php?f=4

For a dedicated server only in case you missed it . You could also migrate the users to a paid service with another install and higher limits on retained logs/data.

Leave the free accounts in place with much lower limits which may encourage them to pay.

HTH
Old 10-02-2002, 05:20 PM   #5
Mbarb

Hi,
I'll try to address the questions as best I can

Quote:
Originally posted by jokearound
do you have an asking price (ballpark range?) in mind?

thanks
I'm not looking for a boat load, but I have no idea what it is really worth. A couple hundred dollars???

Quote:
Originally posted by ajiabs
Can you give some idea about how much % of CPU it is using currently on your server and server details. I am trying to see if I can squeeze it in my existing server. ie. if I get the site
I run this site and 3 others on a....
Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Pentium III (Coppermine)
Processor #1 speed: 863.862 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 256 KB
Memory Information
Memory: 509760k/523264k available (1269k kernel code, 11056k reserved, 90k data, 220k init, 0k highmem)

This site will be processor intensive, with lots of PHP and MySQL activity.

I have no idea how accurate these numbers are...
Site CPU Memory
estats4all.com 6.55 10.33

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_S
It's a fantastic open source script which runs this site. Visit:

http://www.phpee.com

And see the Forums at:

http://www.iezzi.ch/phorum/list.php?f=4

For a dedicated server only in case you missed it . You could also migrate the users to a paid service with another install and higher limits on retained logs/data.

Leave the free accounts in place with much lower limits which may encourage them to pay.

HTH
Thanks for the additional information. In the current script I think you can have global purge settings and individual settings IE Free/paid. If this is not the case I remember it being discussed.

Last edited by Mbarb; 10-03-2002 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:08 AM   #6
ajiabs

Default Any offers for this site yet?

I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Aji
Closed Thread