Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2002, 11:17 PM   #1
LitePack

Default Please review my site

Please review and link to if you would like.
http://www.litepack.com
http://www.wstoolbox.com

Thank you for your time in advance,

LitePack
http://www.wstoolbox.com
LitePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 05:29 AM   #2
AleR

nice

==

1 You don't have "Search" button.
2 Bold black line is unnecessary. Try to make is thinner.
AleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 05:40 AM   #3
maddeningcrowds

I think you're serving doubleclick defaults for your skyscraper. You might want to set up your own defaults on that one.
maddeningcrowds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:35 AM   #4
Furton

Nice balance between ads on content.
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:11 AM   #5
scottyO

It has a nice, clean feel... good work.

Last edited by scottyO; 05-14-2002 at 11:13 AM.
scottyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:17 PM   #6
LitePack

Question

maddeningcrowds - what do you mean by double click code??
I'm using http://www.fastclick.com/
(the only program that I have seen anything from)

I know of the program Double-Click, but I need to know what your seeing so I can figure out how to fix it.

Anyone have any warnings or suggestions as I start the process of trying to be listed with search engines? I would be a happy camper if this site at least paid for itself. Still have yet to make a dollar between the two sites.

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:23 PM   #7
LitePack

AleR - The bold black line is the mountain image stretched out. Thanks for the info on the search button. Will have to change it. Didn't even notice it myself.

The theme for the site is a slightly modified version of a free theme. My header graphics, and fixed all the problems with the style sheets, and browser quarks. I really think it fits well. Easy to read look kind of thing.

scottyo - Thank you

Furton - Thank you
Old 05-14-2002, 11:58 PM   #8
Tiki

Hey LitePack... First off let me congratulate you on a beautiful web page. It looks great.

In an earlier post you asked for some suggestions on what to do in preparing to submit to the search engines. I took the liberty of viewing your html source and i have a few suggestions for you.

First off your fastclick pop under code should be moved further down in the <head> section of your page and your meta tags should be moved up. When the search engines begin spidering your site if they don't find any usable information off the bat they may just leave.

also you might want to take a look at your title, description and key words.

People get obsessive about their keywords. This is wrong. It is difficult if not impossible to get high rankings based on keywords. Instead, you need to think about keyphrases.

The easiest way to do this is ask yourself "what would someone trying to find me type in when they search?" Make a list of these. Try them out on the search engines -- pretend to be someone looking for your product or service.

Also your page title is good for people but lousy for the search engines. Big mistake. The golden rule is this: All your most important keyphrases should be in the TITLE tag. So what you do is look at your keyphrases, make a list of all the important words, and create a title tag that uses them. Also, keep in mind that browsers only display the first few words of a title tag (whatever fits into the title bar of the window). So while the first sentence of your title tag should be "human readable", the rest can be just a list of keyphrases.

Bottomline SEO is not a science it is an art form. Nothing is set in stone so if you follow the guidelines above and play around with different keyphrases you will rise to the top of the SE's in no time.

I hope this helped.

Feel free to contact me via e-mail and I can help you generate some key phrases and work them into your title and description if you'd like. Remember I can't stress this enough keyphrases found in your title should be found in your description should be found in your keywords should be found on the page as content. This combination and this combination alone is what will get you to the fabled #1 ranking.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 06:37 PM   #9
LitePack

Tiki - Thank you VERY much for all of the helpful information. Working on it now and e-mailed you from your site.

Again thank you for the wealth of information.

I just might make a dollar yet.

LitePack

Last edited by LitePack; 05-15-2002 at 10:53 PM.