Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
davidfritsche

Question Affiliate Merchant

I'm new:

1. Is this the best place to talk about affiliate marketing - I am a merchant

2. I am looking at services like Sharesale.com to market my services through affiliates. Any comments about the best network to use like this.

3. What is the best way to motivate affiliate marketers?:
A. Pay per lead
B. Pay per signup
C. Pay per Sale

Thanks,

DF
davidfritsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
Chet

Quote:
2. I am looking at services like Sharesale.com to market my services through affiliates. Any comments about the best network to use like this.
If you are new then I would recommend starting off with Shareasale. It is a great network and you don't need to spend your bank account starting an affiliate program.

Quote:
3. What is the best way to motivate affiliate marketers?:
A. Pay per lead
B. Pay per signup
C. Pay per Sale
It depends on what product/service you are trying to sell.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
davidfritsche

Thanks.

I know what works best for us, but I am not that familiar with the mindset of the affiliate marketer. I do not think a pay per sale works for us.

On the product, we are not looking to do a pay per sale as this is a business product and training package that requires a conversation. We are looking to do a pay per meeting with our sales folks which is esentially a survey page that the prospect would sign to request a meeting. The Affiliate would be paid based on how many qualified meetings are generated.

Any business or anyone looking to make money is a prospect.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Larwee

GeekGuide

Welcome to Geek/Talk, davidfritsche.

In answer to your question about the best place to talk about affiliate marketing, that would be in the Making Money With CPA Programs forum and this thread will possibly be moved there.

Last edited by Larwee; 01-16-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Welcome DF

(Team Geek: Please move this thread to the CPA Forum at http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=69 and edit the title with an insert of [CPA] = THank you

Returning to the issue and mindfull of the fact that we are in fact graced and privileged with the presence of a REAL expert in this thread named Chet I have a few thoughts based on a limited amount of information.

1. Actually you DONT WANT any Joe or Marry as an affiliate! You want targeted sites/visitors which appear to be a fit for your product/service which is ?????.

2. For example, a game site full of teens would be a total waste of effort from what little I know about your product. Plus, CHEATERS is an issue you will need to deal with and you do raise the level of abuse by accepting anyone. Tell me more and the advice gets better or "talk around it" and tell me your average sale?

3. Your going to half to figure out exactly where the affiliate earns money via ShareAsale. I would think a person to person interview and or a telephonic interview/talk wouldn't work very well. ShareASale and every other player can't even track that stuff in the dirt world and quality affiliates which can drive compliant traffic would wonder the same thing . Just like the booming mortage lead industry, I would think that you would pay for a properly completed web form with VALID DATA which your sales team can then use to set up the interview. As a ballpark and in an effort to guide you, a valid mortgaqge lead has a retail price (Lender to Network) of between 20 and 40 bucks and a typicall done deal mortage has a pretax net in the area of 1200. You will need to look back or guesstimate at your close rate on your interviews and your pre tax net from a sale and figure out a number to pay.

4. What I'm really talking about is part of the CPA structure but often called CPL (Cost Per Lead) and you should also be aware that FRAUD is rampant. Brian at ShareASale has a good record on this and knowing Chet GEEK as I do , you can exspect him to be iron fisted as well as jam packed with knowledge.

HTH and thanks for a great question.

Edited for clarity

Last edited by Steve_S; 01-16-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Chet

There is a way to track phone leads but as an affiliate I wouldn't trust it for an affiliate program that relied on it for 100% of their leads. Any other serious affiliate wouldn't either.

If you really want an affiliate program for this you will almost have to pay for the leads a different way or it just won't work...

What I recommend is trying a pay per lead program where the interested party fills out a short form with their info and phone number with the best time to call them. Then pay the affiliate on each "valid" lead. A valid lead meaning that you were able to get in touch with the person that filled out the form and they were indeed the ones that filled it out and are interested in what you are offering.

Example Pay Per Lead Form

Now that I know more what you are looking for I think the best network for this type of program would be AffiliateFuel.com as they are very knowledgable in pay per lead programs (especially biz ops) and can work with you on getting quality leads for your business.

Hope this helps and good luck
Old 01-17-2006, 02:34 AM   #7
Chet

Just stumbled onto this site... I haven't really looked at it but it sounds like someting you might want to look into yourself.

http://www.miva.com/us/content/adver...paypercall.asp
Old 02-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #8
dave989
Member.

I work with quite a few of the larger networks so far I find shareasale to be one of the best. I would definately give them ago.
dave989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
davidfritsche

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help. I have registered with MIVA and am checking out the others.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
TDNetworks

What is your budget? There are about 10 affiliate programs that convert good and if I were you I would join them all.
TDNetworks is offline   Reply With Quote