Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 03:23 PM   #31
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben91:
i will get into doubleclick.net , i guaranteee it guys. 3 million ~ impressions a month, i will get in. Lets start making bets, calling doubleclick.net every single day until they accept u .
I did it with advertising.com , with my previous pay to surf site, they said they dont want any pay to surf at all!, after 3 weeks of yelling on the phone they finally accepted!

doubleclick.net will be a joke to me

Good luck but unless you are highly branded Doubleclick is not interested. Take a look at their client list - they're not interested in your game site. They're only interested in topnotch, well known brands.

Old 03-06-2001, 03:25 PM   #32
SSacobie

Unhappy

Doubleclick and Advertising.com aren't in the same league.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:28 PM   #33
jkcity

Unhappy

The thing is there is no point even trying to get into double click till you actually have 4 million page views that are not coming from your board.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:41 PM   #34
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

whast the sonar network of doubleclick.net
they are prolly ****pier.. and offer lower rates probably..

we'll either get into doubleclick.net or the sonar division of doubleclick.net
Old 03-06-2001, 04:30 PM   #35
joma

Unhappy

Madladder.com was only registered on January 26! And yet, looking at their forum, I almost believe they could have registered a million pageviews.

IMO, that's why CPM advertising on Madladder.com would just disappear into a black hole, no matter how little they charge. I mean, who in their right mind wants to spend cash money trying to convince "TheJaCKaL" to purchase their product or service?

On the other hand, if they can figure out how to get gamers to open their wallets, I can see a bright future for them.
Old 03-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #36
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

Madladder.com went online , only 28th of febuary, its been only 5 days or so and the site already got 1 million impressions~ or so

the site didnt even launch yet, still a coming soon page.

we'll get a CPm rate of 3$+~ or so from banners
Old 03-06-2001, 04:56 PM   #37
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Madladder.com went online , only 28th of febuary, its been only 5 days or so and the site already got 1 million impressions~ or so

the site didnt even launch yet, still a coming soon page.

we'll get a CPm rate of 3$+~ or so from banners

You must be on some really good drugs or you haven't read any of the articles on this site. NOBODY is getting $3 CPM for banners right now and a lot of the members here have some pretty terrific sites with substantial traffic.

Old 03-06-2001, 05:32 PM   #38
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

What articles? 1$-3$ CPM is not hard to get, if you got a good site, if your a real businessman , if you got high traffic, and if you know how to talk on the phone. 3$CPM is a joke...
Old 03-06-2001, 06:00 PM   #39
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
What articles? 1$-3$ CPM is not hard to get, if you got a good site, if your a real businessman , if you got high traffic, and if you know how to talk on the phone. 3$CPM is a joke...
We have a terrific site - we get 60 million pageviews a month and are growing. Six months ago before the internet bubble burst, ad companies were begging us to accept them. Now the ad companies call the shots not the publisher, you are not going to get $3 CPM, not for a gamesite -I didn't see anything that set your site apart from 20 other gamesites out there. Ad companies aren't interested in gamesites, they're a dime a dozen now. Ad companies are interested in quality content.

Wake up and read the posts on this site. If the hosts here were getting high CPMs, they wouldn't be here discussing ways to increase revenue.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #40
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

::::Madladder.com went online, only 28th of febuary, its been only 5 days or so

Dude, where do you do your advertising to get the 30 hits a month, er I mean 3 million hits a month. I would love to know!!!

------------------
http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/
http://www.nintendocc.com/
http://www.world-of-video-games.com/
http://www.nintendo-library.com/

[This message has been edited by Nintendo (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 06:38 PM   #41
Jack
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Ben,

I used to maintain and update a gaming content site. I no longer do this because it is not worth my time to continue working on a site which does not generate enough income. I am certain it will not recover and will not be worth my time to continue working with it. I now spend all of my time working on affiliate marketing.

Speaking from experience in gaming content sites, you will not receive anywhere close to $4 CPM on a 468x60 banner in this time. In your plans, you should expect $.50-$1.00 CPM for banners on your static pages (lower if your CTR is below .25%) and $.15 to $.40 CPM for banners on your forum. I would expect these numbers to go no where but down from this point on. Even those numbers are probably high for this time.

Your expectations for your site are set far too high. You will need to lower them or you will be greatly disappointed.

I would be curious to know how you generated traffic so fast for your site. Was it opened in an exit console/pop up on one of your current sites?

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 07:43 PM   #42
Czar

Webmaster

Lightbulb

Ben, I also run two established gaming sites - one cheat collection and an online gaming arcade - and they make less money from banners than any of my other sites. There are great opportunities out there for gaming sites, such as the searchbox programs, exit popups, and affiliate programs run by Amazon.com, Electronics Boutique or similar.

You will not gain representation from market-leading DoubleClick by yelling at the CEO on the phone. Kevin Ryan has better things to do with his time than argue with the webmaster of some unlaunched gaming destination.

Oh, and Sonar closed their network off to game and entertainment sites months ago, so you won't have luck with them either, no matter how many times you swear at our mothers. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

If you can get $0.50 Net CPM through FastClick, Engage, FocusIN, ValueClick or AmazingMedia, you should be happy with that, and think about increasing your revenue through sources other than banners.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Old 03-06-2001, 07:57 PM   #43
Kaiosama

Unhappy

I am not sure if this is still true but Doubleclick (the main enchilada) was not accepting gaming sites since sometime last year...

Also their are gaming networks with hundreds of ad reps trying to get a decent 1 CPM to split with their affiliates. Many are failing to sell more then 10% of their inventory.

What makes you think you a single person can yell at a CEO of a company as large as Doubleclick? Especially with a mere 3 million projected pageviews?
Old 03-06-2001, 08:31 PM   #44
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

Guys , i already know a network that accepted us at 1$-2$CPM NET

if u know how to talk , its nothard

we will go for doubleclick.net and make them beg us to join their network

ull see.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:46 PM   #45
TheWebHead
Member.

Unhappy

Ben, if you follow thru on your actions your saying here with doubleclick, I'd guess the only 'contract' you'll end up with from them is a restraining order http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Closed Thread