Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > geek/yak
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2002, 06:11 AM   #16
Kathy

Quote:
Originally posted by scottyo
I always get a kick out of the nutty conversations here (like side-by-side refrigerators with ice in the door)......

Ahem

I have an announcement.

Rather than waiting on Steve to award me with the side by side refrigerator freezer for some sort of reason....

I have arrived in the 21st century. I went ahead and purchased one. It will be delivered to my house on April 30th. Ya'll are all invited over for an ice party.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 06:33 AM   #17
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Scottyo, now you're thinking!

I'd like to nominate Edwin as "Least Likely to Post in Geek Yak". Now all we have to do is get him in here!

EDWIN!
:foot stomp:
EDWIN!
EDWIN!

Come on, Edwin. Get yourself in here and post a joke, tell a funny story or sing a song!

(Hey Kathy, congrats on the new fridge. I'm sooooooo jealous!)
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 02:30 PM   #18
Furton

lol, he's probably too bussy making money, rich guy him.
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 04:13 PM   #19
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan
Geek/yak is getting lonely, I am going nutty all by myself

Rhea? Scuba? Czar? Steve? Simon? Chet even????

In the back room we call my post a "twist" or maybe just maybe an "agenda" post.

<cough>

Go here and try and win 25 bucks:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=16500

With this money you would no longer be lonely. You could use it for:

- YOU buy dinner with your signifacnt other

- Others: Join a dating service with the $$$

- Get yourself an answering machine and leave yourself a messages so you can hear another voice.

Enjoy
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #20
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

(Oh, shoot! It's only Steve.)

Hey, Steve! If I win that $25 I'll give it back to you if you'll only just get Edwin to post in here.

And I want him to write something funny.

Oh yeah, and he can't come in unless he removes his tie.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:22 PM   #21
sdarken

If you use the search function you will find that, out of his 640 posts, Edwin has posted something to 3 Geek/Yak threads. (But I'm pretty sure he did have his tie on those times so maybe they don't count).

Last edited by sdarken; 04-22-2002 at 07:22 PM.
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:32 PM   #22
sdarken

By the way Steve - how are the winners of the prizes determined? Lottery? First person to correctly answer all the questions?

- Simon
Old 04-22-2002, 07:41 PM   #23
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
Winner Selection:
You must obtain 100% correct answers. Only those members who obtain correct answers on all the questions will be eligible for a random drawing.
The winners are selected randomly by the script from the group which received a 100% score. A member can only win one check. You must be a member of geek/talk with posting privilege's to take the Quiz and to be eligible for a prize. Each winner will be notified and their entry verified.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:56 PM   #24
sdarken

Thanks Jan. Now everone knows I didn't read the rules and regulations but clicked the little box to say that "I agree with the rules" anyway.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:34 AM   #25
Jan

Administrator

Uho! Simon! You realise this is why people lose their affiliate accounts and hosting accounts cos they don't read the rules!

I just assumed you hadn't taken the quiz yet

I must admit, I didn't either, till you asked the question. I assumed it was the rules we agreed to when we signed up.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:01 PM   #26
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

cute

In the interest of avoiding any venting and or brused egoes we have 2 threshholds that must be met:

"
Frequency of entry & duration:
Please only complete and enter the Quiz once in a given 24 hour period. We encourage you to do this. Prizes will be awarded and the Quiz closed when 100 unique members of the geek/talk Forums have taken the Quiz and we have 3 unique winners. For example, member "funky_duck" takes the Quiz 25 times over a period of 25 days. This is one unique member. We audit every entry to insure it matches a members name and reserve the right to change and or modify any of our procedures any time we want. Although this is unlikely, we can never predict the creative measures some folks will take in an effort to win.

Winner Selection:
You must obtain 100% correct answers. Only those members who obtain correct answers on all the questions will be eligible for a random drawing. The winners are selected randomly by the script from the group which received a 100% score. A member can only win one check. You must be a member of geek/talk with posting privilege's to take the Quiz and to be eligible for a prize. Each winner will be notified and their entry verified. "

Good luck to all of you.

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:31 PM   #27
david11982

Ok, I've taken the quiz twice and I got 2 questions wrong each time. Can I get some tutoring before I take the quiz again tomorrow? I can't seem to figure out which member has the most posts out of the list given. I checked my answers and I found that WildComputer had the most. But it has told me twice that WildComputer is the incorrect answer. Has anyone else had this question? Is there something that I'm missing here?
david11982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 03:08 PM   #28
scottyO

I got that answer correct - there is at least one of the geek guides who has more...
scottyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:01 PM   #29
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by david11982
But it has told me twice that WildComputer is the incorrect answer. Has anyone else had this question? Is there something that I'm missing here?
Psssssst, Wild Computer is a moderator, not a Geek Guide
Old 04-24-2002, 10:30 AM   #30
orfeo

I have been around the forums for a while and never really looked at geek/yak. I thought most of you as money-making-geek machines. I think I was wrong.

I agree that Edwin is the most stiff poster around here. Even if the post has a "light" aspect he always finds a way to make sound as strictly business.
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote