Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2001, 06:21 PM   #1
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy looking for 2 types of partners: co-branding , and traffic sharing....

zizap is interested in partnering with websites. We can offer you a few things within a partnership. We can co-brand our search to look like your site, while hosted on our servers. For more info on co-branding, please email cobranding@zizap.com

zizap is also interested in traffic sharing programs. I want to share search traffic and/or banner traffic. We can also place a sponsored link at the top or bottom of all search result pages. For more info on traffic sharing, please email trafficsharing@zizap.com

please post your ideas... http://www.zizap.com .
Old 02-09-2001, 08:12 PM   #2
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

anyone interested? this works out REAL well for both parties.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:39 AM   #3
Guava

Unhappy

Give us some more info on Zizap.
How many uniques/impressions per day/month?
How long has it been up?
Where does your traffic come from?
Any demographics at all about your users.
Besides the co-branding of a search that someone already does from my site (which doesn't seem that great to me), What benefit do we get for partnering? Buttons/links? Preferred listing on searches?

------------------
Guava
webmaster@guavamail.com
Old 02-16-2001, 08:25 PM   #4
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

Guava. Great Q. sorry i didnt see your post sooner. Allow me to explain:

ANY CO-BRANDER WILL GET THE FOLLOWING:

~100% banners views <if you choose to have a banner>

~Quality search results... not to mention fast as heck.. try a search : http://www.zizap.com

~100% your look/layout... header/footer/whole 9 yards

~Rotating text link to your site @ the bottom of all searches on the normal zizap search @ http://www.zizap.com/search/search.c...chstring=jokes <look @ bottom of page for text link>

~free submission to the database

~your banner will be included into our banner rotation on every zizap page.

----- so -----

you get banners, text links on normal zizap search, and you get full co-brand for your own search.

Reason Im doing this. Im taking the goto.com strategy of getting big. Goto is where they are because of the amount of portals which use co-brand their search. I am interested in co-branding 20-30 sites, who will get around 100-1000 searches per day. This as you can see, will get people more interested in using zizap.

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-18-2001, 10:46 AM   #5
Guava

Unhappy

Looks interesting. One thing I'd say to make different would be to put the "sponsored" text link on a search at the top. Just do as the other engines do and make it the first one but put a little text next to it marking it as a sponsor. That way the sponsor will get more traffic from zizap and the users will not be mislead into thinking it is the actual #1 result.

------------------
Guava
webmaster@guavamail.com