Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #16
firstmark

Larwee states that its wise to pick an affiliate program with a good landing page. While this is a preference its not a requirement. If the affiliate program has a hard to use site just include information about exactly where to find the product being described and how to order.
Some programs don't support direct linking so this sort of thing is a requirement.

But I do agree picking things that would interest your visitors from an affiliate perspective is wise. Besides you can always include your normal advertising formats on the page you link to the affiliate program from.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:31 AM   #17
politer

great topic.

"Use text links rather than banners and integrate these with your content where possible."
politer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #18
JP Sauve
Member.

If I can make a recommendation, it's smart to start with low paying CPA leads because, like previously posted, these leads are easy to generate. You'll learn how to tweak your pages to get better clicks/conversions, and the immediate results you'll see will certainly be encouraging.

HOWEVER...

Don't ignore some of the higher paying CPA campaigns. There are many that pay $10+ per lead/sale, and while these are fewer and farther in between, the effort required to generate such a lead is an education on it's own. In general, you have to work harder to generate these leads, so you'll learn different strategies for making money with them.
JP Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #19
Tea

My english is poor and i am a jackaroo. I design my site now and what to apply a low pay out cpa to test and learn more.
and thanks all of you above ,you are really kindly .
I am sorry for my poor english
Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:32 AM   #20
theone

larwee, i would like to thank you for writing about this topic and starting this thread. I have found it very useful to my knowledge about affiliate programs. I really appreciate all the other contributors as this is what made me sign up to the forum. I can keep you guys uppdated once i get my site going.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:44 AM   #21
Larwee

GeekGuide

theone, thank you. I am glad it has helped you. Welcome to Geek/Talk. I'm sure you are going to enjoy being a member.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:23 AM   #22
Czar

Webmaster

Welcome [x2], theone. Thanks for joining the Village.

Once you have your site ready for prime-time, feel free to post a site evaluation thread within our Webmaster Issues forum and our members will provide you with constructive advice as to how you might be able to make the site even more effective.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #23
force5

I hope this isnt off topic..
I have never dipped my toe into affilaite marketing at all.
But i do have a site that is full of jokes and gets 50+ uniques a day.
At the moment it has adsense on it and each click earns me 4 or 5 cents..
I think its earnt me about $3 so far in 2 months.

What sort of affiliate scheme can i look at that will intergrate with a joke site, i have looked on google for "joke affilaites" but i cant find anything.
Any reccomendations?
force5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
funtoon

Quote:
Originally posted by force5
I hope this isnt off topic..
I have never dipped my toe into affilaite marketing at all.
But i do have a site that is full of jokes and gets 50+ uniques a day.
At the moment it has adsense on it and each click earns me 4 or 5 cents..
I think its earnt me about $3 so far in 2 months.

What sort of affiliate scheme can i look at that will intergrate with a joke site, i have looked on google for "joke affilaites" but i cant find anything.
Any reccomendations?
I guess the first thing you should do is build traffic, 50+ users/day is pretty low and wont make you much.
funtoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #25
force5

i know i need to build traffic, i have had 106 clicks on adsense and earned $7.04 ..

i was just wondering if there is a better way of making money for joke sites than adsense.
force5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #26
Larwee

GeekGuide

force5, you need to be careful about the AdSense stats you give out or you may end up with nothing from Google. It is against the Google Terms Of Service to release the type of information you did and bad things can happen to people when they violate the TOS. I just thought you might like to know.
Quote:
Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:48 PM   #27
leonusst

Greate thread.
I am newbie to the affiliate program.
Like this thread.
leonusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #28
Czar

Webmaster

Welcome to Geek/Talk, leonusst.

This thread certainly is valuable. Kudos to Larwee and crew for putting together such a succinct and practical collection of tips.

You're entering an exciting new industry, leonusst, but one that can be frustrating unless you have access to advice from more experienced players. For that reason, I hope to see you frequent Geek/Talk a great deal in the future, particularly as your business starts to expand.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #29
alpsnwby

Thumbs up Appreciate ya!

I am too clueless to contribute anything but grattitude. Give me a year or so of spoon feeding. Thanks for your posts and this site!!

alpsnwby
alpsnwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #30
Larwee

GeekGuide

Gratitude is enough alpsnwby.

Several Geek/Talk members have contributed tips in this thread. A very impressive number of people have read and benefited from these tips.

There is an abundance of information posted in the thousands of Geek/Talk threads. There is much for you to read that will help you in your endeavors. But if you ever have any questions, just ask and our members will give you very helpful answers.

As time passes you will learn more and more. Eventually you will be able to use your knowledge and give helpful answers to questions asked by members seeking help. You can then experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you have been able to help others.