Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
click2mo
Member.

Question Raq 4 Virtual Accounts

Hello,

I'm in a dire need for help on how to create a virtual account (i'm a newbie in servers). Well, I just bought the $99 raq4 deal from rackshack.net. I have a little problem. I don't know how to create a virtual account that has the url of a subdomain. Well, I signed up for the server with www.dbzgtlegacy.com When I login as admin, that's the only virtual account there. Now, how would i go about making another virtual account, but with the url of something like subdomain.dbzgtlegacy.com ?

Well, so far....I first set the defaults of virtual accounts, then I clicked on Add virtual account...and this is where I need help. On http://www.rackshack.net/support/setup/addvrt.asp, it shows how to add a virtual account for a domain name. But I need the info for a subdomain.

I'm not sure whether I'm suppose to enter the subdomain in the Host Name or Domain name.

If anyone can please help, it'll be greatly appreciated, or maybe you can also point me to raq4 tutorials. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Kevin
DBZGTlegacy.com

[This message has been edited by click2mo (edited 05-27-2001).]
click2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:16 PM   #2
melody1

Unhappy

Try creating a virtual domain with the following values.

host: www
domain: subdomain.yourdomain.com

Set IP and other parameters similar to yourdomain.com. It should work.

------------------
Melody1
melody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 10:11 PM   #3
click2mo
Member.

Unhappy

Are you sure that is correct?

I talked to a tech support the other day...and he told me that I would have to put:

host: desiredsubdomain
domain: domain.com

I haven't been able to try it yet, as I haven't moved my domain to point to the new server. (still transferring some files to the new raq4).

Have you personally tried what you pointed out? Did it work?

------------------
Kevin
DBZGTlegacy.com
click2mo is offline   Reply With Quote