Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
technologicall
Member.

Cool website with good traffic and PR6 for sale.

www.bioproject.info
I would like to sell this site made by myself.
It has 1800 pages, with PR6...
Monthly views= 350 000
Site is in the web for 5 months.
Bring's 2000 $ a month
Price= 12000$
If you're interested please contact:
webmaster@bioproject.info

Last edited by technologicall; 02-11-2004 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:14 PM   #2
Rawplaster

I don't see any sponsors, where is your revenue coming from?
Old 02-09-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
technologicall
Member.

Wink Thank you

Thank you very much for the question.
I would like to explain the reason why there are no any sponsoured links on my site at this time.
First when the site just appeared it was www.biologicall.info owned by me as a russian person and I have put there Google Adsense links... I had a good income... and i would never mind to sell my "lovely sourse" but Google prohibited sending any money to Russia... so i had to change a domain name and think of selling site to a person who would really have no problems getting cheks from Google. So while this site has no motherland and those person who'd buy it would be able to place GoogleAdsense and have some about 2000-3000 $ monthly. Also there are some other ways for me to solve te problem with Goolge cheks, but I am trying this way while.
I think everything is clear in my answer? PR will refresh on the new damain name in 2 weeks.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
jrap

What is your definition of 'unique content' ?

link (your site)

encarta

Thanks,
jrap
Old 02-09-2004, 05:02 PM   #5
CyanSmoker

Quote:
Permission to use documents (such as articles and other text) and related graphics (such as images, photographs, maps, charts, and illustrations) available from Encarta Online is granted, provided that (1) the proper credit and Microsoft copyright notice appears on all copies; (2) use of the documents and graphics available from this Web site is for informational and noncommercial or personal use only
I guess this would explain why there aren't any advertisers on the site.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #6
hobbnet

never mind the fact that I can't find a single PR 6 page on the site.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Welcome to the "Village" and best of luck with your sale. Please consult the following link for this Forums Rules and what needs to be included in a post:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=13500

We need:

8. If you wish to sell a site, please provide the following data in your initial post: Your name, URL of the site, age of site, traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY), asking price, your Email address, gross and net revenue per month, copyright status of the content on the site, and any other pertinent data. If you wish to sell a domain name, please indicate this in your post. Please combine ALL your domain name sales in a single post.

Please answer the questions which members have asked about the source, rights, and ownership of your sites content.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #8
technologicall
Member.

Exclamation Answering

Thank you everyone for the comments on my site...
First i'd like to answer what do i understand under unique content: 1) The information was collected bymyself for a long period;
2) Classification was made by me from the poin of view od Life theory - it's my authors right.

Now about Encarta - only some facts were taken from there, all the other information was taken from my own university collection.

As for PR you have to read my first answer.... if you were a bit experienced in this question then you'd know that when you change domain name then PR is refreshed in a few weeks....
So to chek this out just please for the interest visit this site 2 weeks later and you'll see it's real PR...

As for the advertisement, you have the right not to belive me, but it was taken off from my site because all the money transfer to Russia is prohibited by Google... This happened only a month ago... so I had to clear everything...

I can't get profit from this point any more.... but if you don't live in Russia then you have a real opportunity to place any advertisement from Google, or Fast click or Burst Media ro all of them togeather.... and get your money easily...

I think you know this better than me...

If you're interested then i can show you the traffic ....
Old 02-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #9
cheznoir
Member.

The encarta link showed you lifted the content word for word, paragraph for paragraph. I check 10 of your pages, and all are exact word for word copies from Encarta. Exact.

Unless your entire university studies was memorizing encarta and being tested by your ability to recite the lessons word for word. I find it hard to swallow that your site is anything more than an exact copy of copyright protected content.

Chet
Old 02-10-2004, 11:28 PM   #10
GT Web
Member.

this would have to be considered a major ****, if you want to sell this site, dont call it unique and make sure to include some stats, because I haven't seen any sites go from PR6 to PR0 overnight
Old 02-11-2004, 02:21 PM   #11
technologicall
Member.

Talking Thanx again

Thank you everyone for your activity...
As for Encarta, i have an agreement with them to use all the materials i want and i have payed the money to use all the information in commercial purpose... I'am even allowed to print a book using this material and sell it....
So there is no any problem....
And besides site is still unique...
Because there are no more such sites classifying this information in such a way and even containing such info...
Sciencerely, Olga
Old 02-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #12
jokearound

you have an agreement with encarta / microsoft? wow..thats impressive. exactly how much did this cost? where can I get information about this scheme?

im very very sceptical about that claim (and therefore every other claim made by this seller)
Old 02-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #13
cheznoir
Member.

That begs the question then, if you are selling the site, will that agreement transfer??????
Old 02-11-2004, 07:48 PM   #14
jplamb

For some reason I think you are lying...
Old 02-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #15
max55

I agree with jplamb... it seems fishy...sorry technologicall some of your claims .. don't seem to add up..
Closed Thread