Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
EMINEM79

Default Stable earning site for sale

Due to personal matters I am being forced to sell one of my sites to gain some financial funds needed.

1. Dave

2. URL of site
http://www.retardedhumor.com

3. Age of site
1 year, 4 months. Site was Started December 2002.

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor
March's stats were: 36530 Uniques and 215182 pageviews.

The site has many decent search engine rankings so traffic has been very consistent of these levels for quite some time. I havent updated nor put anything promo wise into the site since December.

You can check out the traffic stats here:
http://extremetracking.com/open;reloads?login=rethumor

Here's a bit of a rundown of some of the decent search engine ranks:

Google & Yahoo:
Funny tests #3
Hilarious pictures #1
Crazy pictures #4
Flash cartoons #11
Boyfriend jokes #1
Girlfriend jokes #8
baseball jokes #10

Theres a bunch of other ones but I will leave it at that.

5. How does site generate income? How much?
Revenue is mostly from fastclick and a few affiliate networks and programs such as tafmaster.com. Total earnings a month are between $350 - $450+ US. Mail me for screenshots.

6. Who develops content and how much time does it require?
Content is derived from public domain sources. Note: I have personally gone over the site twice and have made sure there is NOTHING that is copyright questionable on the site.

7. Reason for selling
Like I said before I need the money to take care of a personal matter.

8. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?
Yes.

9. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?
Yes it does, but I haven't sent a newsletter out since December, but the list roughly 32,000 subscribers is still included in the sale.

10. The asking price for the site.
$3,000 negotiable. I believe this is a fair price as it is less then 12 months revenue and I can show screenshots of stable revenue figures for the last 6 months plus. If I do not get any offers around that amount I will most likely be listing it on Ebay in the coming weeks.

I can be reached at webmaster@retardedhumor.com or you can PM me here if you wish
Old 04-03-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
Browsehosts

Nice site. I'll start the bidding off

$1,000
Old 04-03-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
SinisterX

haha pinny that's pointless. he wants offers near $3k for a site generating 350-450/month
Old 04-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Browsehosts

It's only pointless to post that it's pointless .

If he is interested in selling, and doesn't get a higher offer, then he'll probably take it.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
EMINEM79

Sinister are you saying my asking price is too high? I did say it was negotiable. In my opinion though I think it's quite fair, it's 8 month's revenue and revenue has been stable for the last 6 months plus(remember this site has also just been sitting there for that period as well!)

Anyways, Browsehosts I will remember your offer but currently as it stands there is a few higher.

Dave

Last edited by EMINEM79; 04-04-2004 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:11 PM   #6
SinisterX

lol i meant why would you accept $1000 when the site is making $350-$450/month.

It's definitely worth the $3000 you're asking for it ;P

I was just laughing at what Pinny said cause if people sell sites for 3 months income I'd buy a ton ;P
Old 04-04-2004, 04:38 PM   #7
jgower1

Why are your fastclick ads not showing up? Was your account cancelled with them or something along those lines or did you just stop showing them? From what places does the income come from?

Last edited by jgower1; 04-04-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:28 PM   #8
EMINEM79

heh ok sinister thats what I thought you meant

JGpower - Not sure what you are talking about, the fastclick ads are showing up fine for me when I tested, perhaps you have something on your computer blocking them?

Also, the revenue comes from fastclick, tafmaster, azoogleads.com affiliatefuel.com, and I was running netpalnow.com a bit before I decided to sell but everyone please keep in mind I did NOT include them in the revenue figures.

Dave
Old 04-04-2004, 08:39 PM   #9
jclarkkent2003

To get this ball rolling, i'll increase the current bid one dollar, to $1001.00

Let's see how far we will go. lol, It may be worth $3,000 , but I can't spend that much on it with that low of unique count on a chance it will make money, and thinking in terms of taking care of it and updating it for 12 months while i try to break even, that's alot of work so I would prefer to break even sooner than that if it's legit.

It comes with the fastclick account correct?
Old 04-04-2004, 08:52 PM   #10
SinisterX

the unique count is not that bad. true some joke sites do get 3000-5000 uniques/day but they ask for much more cause they make a ton more.

He's just asking for 10x monthly income which is a fair price
Old 04-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #11
EMINEM79

Chance of it making money?

Do you know this site has just sat there for the last 6 months and continually made me the revenue per month I have quoted without any updating/promo or nothing since last year! That's why my asking price is $3,000 - It WILL continue to make me $350 - $450 a month just sitting there so Im not gonna let it go for $1,000.

Speaking of updating and sending a newsletter everyday when I did that I was making more like $600 - $700+ a month. Just look back on the hit counter say to October or November you will see how high the unique count is there.

(October: 92914 uniques/438823 that's what you would more likely to get if you were to update it everyday)

The Fastclick account is not included, you will have to either a)have one of your own and we will transfer the domain to your account or b) sign up for an account using the domain. I will be contacting Fastclick tommorow to verify whether or not if the new owner does not have a Fastclick account if he/she will be able to get one using the site.

As it currently stands the high offer is $2,600 next is $2,300

Last edited by EMINEM79; 04-04-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #12
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Best of luck with the sale and thanks for the data.

Our very own sticky in this Forum clearly states exactly what the fastclick policy is so others may wish to read:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=13500

Which says:

11. Any post directly and or indirectly related to a "Fastclick account" are not permitted in this Forum or anywhere else and will be immediately removed. For example: "looking to buy (or sell) sites affiliated with fastclick" and other variations. The only permissible post is if a website owner wishes to post what their monthly Fastclick earnings are in their "For Sale" post.

Please comply with their procedures as per:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Matt - Fastclick
Hello,

I wanted to jump in here and mention a few things. First, we do allow transfers for sites that have been sold. You may not switch your payment profile to the new owner, the new owner must create a new Fastclick account or add the site to their existing account. Please keep in mind that the site is still subject to our publisher agreement. Fastclick.com reserves the right to refuse service to any new or existing Publisher, in its sole discretion, with or without cause.

If you have sold a site and the new owner would like to continue to use Fastclick you must send an email to publish@fastclick.com and CC the new owner stating that you would like to have the site removed from your account.

Regards,
Matt Oettinger
Media Account Manager
Fastclick.com, Inc.

------

This be the law and procedures in thiese Forums so I hope this helps clarify the issue and since it comes directly from fastclick it may save you some time.

Good luck again
Old 04-04-2004, 09:51 PM   #13
EMINEM79

After Steve's post I thought I would just post and clarify I am not selling my Fastclick account, I know that is not allowed. As stated before I will be contacting Fastclick tommorow to get clarification on the procedures involved and see if its possible that a new account could be signed up with Fastclick using retardedhumor.com

-Dave
Old 04-04-2004, 10:04 PM   #14
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Quote:
Originally posted by EMINEM79
After Steve's post I thought I would just post and clarify I am not selling my Fastclick account, I know that is not allowed. As stated before I will be contacting Fastclick tommorow to get clarification on the procedures involved and see if its possible that a new account could be signed up with Fastclick using retardedhumor.com

-Dave
This of course was self evident to me Given your post count, years of membership, loyality, and numerous other great things about YOU

I was attempting (?) to let other folks know what the policy is and natch if they think I'm nuts, then they can talk to Matt and directly to fastclick.

Tip: With 2 offers pretty close to each other, you can keep the lower offer pending as a backup and disclose this to all parties. Then in your escrow, you tighten the screws for a fast close to the top bidder and if they don't perform, you move directly to the backup offer and disclose this to all parties.

This procedure has been used in Real Estate for decades and it's a great strategy.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:09 PM   #15
cheznoir
Member.

After this mess.
http://www.jimworld.com/apps/webmast...ght::EMINEM79/

I would make EMINEM79 independently verify any traffic or revenue stats before bidding. I am surprised that 2 years later, making 15k a month in your import/export business, you still dabble with sites...

Chet
Closed Thread