Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2004, 03:33 PM   #16
ajiabs

Darryl,
Just sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Aji
ajiabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #17
Czar

Webmaster

I'm still interested also. Please keep us informed as to how the bidding process is going.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #18
skuzzy

Quote:
Originally posted by Darryl
Funny you should ask. The buyer has dropped off the face of the earth, so the site is now back up for sale.

The reason it was down was because the hosting company was trying to transfer the account over and couldn't get ahold of the new buyer, so they shut it off - it's now back in our possession, though.

So, if you (or anyone else) are interested, let me know - no eBay auction this time.

Darryl
Are you legally allowed to be re-selling this site? You said the buyer dropped off the face of the earth... was this after he paid you for it? If so, then he technically owns the site and just because he dropped off the face of the earth doesn't mean you can re-claim it. I'm just confused as to why the host would be trying to transfer the site to him if he haden't paid for it already? Sounds to me like you're trying to sell the site again.
skuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #19
Darryl

No, the buyer hasn't paid for it, so I feel no guilt or legal obligations in selling it!

I was trying to transfer the hosting account over the the (former) buyer, and hence gave the hosting company the contact info for the buyer so he could provide them with billing information. They never received any response from him.

Darryl
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #20
Darryl

I should note that the current high bid since the site became available again is $675.

(edit: updated high bid)

Last edited by Darryl; 03-03-2004 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:12 PM   #21
1EightT
Member.

Any chance you would share the code you ised for the backend? I might start up a small advertising deal for my automotive websites and could use some good software as a start. If you wouldn't mind sharing I am willing to compensate you for it.

webmaster@club18t.com is my direct e-mail and my name is brian
1EightT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:17 PM   #22
Darryl

That would probably be a bit of a conflict of interest with selling the site. If I was giving it up for adoption, that would be a different matter; however, with the sale, you'd have to speak to the new owner about it (or become the new owner yourself).

BTW, high bid is now $850.

Also, bidding will close on the site at midnight EST on Sunday.

(edit: updated high bid, added closing date)

Last edited by Darryl; 03-04-2004 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #23
Darryl

High bid is now $1,500.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:29 PM   #24
Darryl

Default Site Sold

Hi all,

Just wanted to report that the site has been sold. We received a high offer contingent on immediate acceptance, and took it. I know I said bidding would stay open until Sunday night, but we just couldn't turn it down. Sorry!

Thanks everyone for your interest (again), and hopefully this'll be the last time I sell the site!

Darryl
Old 03-06-2004, 10:32 PM   #25
Czar

Webmaster

Congratulation Darryl.

Looks as though you're very lucky the first buyer fled. I'm presuming this sold for at least a 300% increase over the January sale price. Wish my share market investments would produce that sort of quarterly growth.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV

Last edited by Czar; 03-06-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote