Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
Toon

Lightbulb FunFool.com for sale

Dear Geeks,

This domain & website www.funfool.com was made be me and a couple of friends back in 1999. We builded a database of the best websites in the humor category. The site is completely cgi-based and automatically updatable. I will help the buyer with the scripts.
It has around 300 email accounts & 400 newsletter subscribers. However no newsletter was ever sent.

We updated the database until some months ago, time was becoming a problem.

I believe the main value of this website it the cool domain name (alliteration & very sticky) together with the database.
Traffic isn't that high, basically because we never really started doing link trades (besides the sites that submitted themselves, putted a link back & got accepted) and did no search engine promotion. You can see the stats as recorded with extreme tracking at : http://extremetracking.com/open;sum?login=funfool
(real server stats should be a bit higher, not that much though)

Our data:
Your name:
Toon Coppens
URL of the site:
www.funfool.com
age of site:
2 years
traffic statistics:

asking price:
$700 or best offer.

your Email address:
toon@NOSPAMMERSpandora.be (remove NOSPAMMERS )

gross and net revenue per month:
a check bounces in every 2-3 months... once $70 another time $80... then $65... stayed steady the last months... you will be transferred the sponsoring account too
we didn't have any hosting costs because it resided on our server, but you will have to move the site to yours or get a cheap hosting package (cgi & some 10's megs of space will do)

Reason of selling:
Time for updating is a problem now (not that this site requires so much, but you could do so much more with this great domain)
Therefore we decided it would be best to sell it.
+ somebody else could get so much more from this.

Of course I will help in the transaction & setup of the site on your box/account.

You can do with it as you please...

Thanks for your time,
Toon
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote