Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2001, 09:06 AM   #16
Kurbin

To clarify co-reg a little more:

They are indeed specific to the site. In my case it would be a box with "AmusingPics.com Funnies Newsletter" next to it.

There are many places to do this at, including Aaron's SuperTAF (who I believe is a guide here). Co-Regs are legitimate and ethical forms of advertising.

Hope this clears things up, and yes I would say that a significant portion of successful humor sites have used this form of advertising.

Don
Kurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 01:28 PM   #17
notibrian

i was wondering how did someone purchase 10K of newsletter subscribers ... as selling the whole list/database would be really unethical ... co-reg really looks great ... just added it in my supertaf form hehehe

little off topic ... sorry
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 04:22 PM   #18
ryanw

Where would one go about buying co-regs? How much do they normally run?
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 08:50 PM   #19
OC

Quote:
Originally posted by ryanw
Where would one go about buying co-regs? How much do they normally run?
I remember a few Villagers selling them for $.04/each a while back (I think John Kibble was one of them). I might be wrong. Fuzzy memory, anyhow.
OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 10:30 PM   #20
Kurbin

I can give out information on where to do this kind of advertising, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention it directly on these forums.

Email me at dlair@ufl.edu if you want more information.

Don
Kurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 01:26 AM   #21
JJJay

You people seem so concerned with the validity of the newsletter when you should really question the legality of this websites and other funny pic websites content. What do you mean by "Content is assumed public domain funny pictures", I've come across several cartoon with copyright notices already, unless you have purchased the rights/licence to display these pictures or were given express permission for use as public domain then you should not be allowed to resell the website.

I would advise anybody interested in purchasing this or any other funny pic website to read the following.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
JJJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 01:15 AM   #22
WebFanatic

Too late. The site has been sold apparently.

One of the bidders withdrew their bid because they couldnt get confirmation on traffic.
WebFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote