Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
zMan

Lightbulb Good Credit Card Processing Services Recommendations Needed.

I am looking for an online credit card processing service (third party). I do
not have a merchant account. I would like one that's reliable (obviously),
preferably no monthly or set up costs, a low % fee on all sales. I know about
CCNOW but I think their 9-10% fee on every transaction is a bit too much. I
have a website where I sell and ship physical products (www.dsstech2000.com).
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

------------------
zMan
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 06:01 PM   #2
Ted S

Unhappy

Basically merchant accounts are horrible.... either you pay 10% transaction fees and no monthly fees or you pay a monthl fee, 25 - 40 cents per transaction and 2-3%. Obviously the second option is better but it involve spending money before making money which is something many of us can't/ don't want to do right now.

The best merchant I know of is authorize.net. You have to use oneof their resellers but my experiences have always been good and they are very easy to add into existing programs.
Ted S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:38 AM   #3
Marty Winston

Unhappy

There are a ziollion ways to get ripped off by one of the online merchant account guys.

I did find one guy I believe is honest, although it's hard to tell from his Web site that he's in the business - and it's his main business. So do the work to learn about his operation.

It's http://www.chargebusiness.com, run by Izaak Nason, who's around some of these forums sometimes.
Marty Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 06:44 AM   #4
Strider

Unhappy

zMan, send me an email, I can help you get setup with a very low cost merchant account.

------------------
http://www.perfectpresence.com - Web Hosting and Domain Registration
http://www.messagefriends.com - Get your own Message Board
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 10:07 AM   #5
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

i'm using www.revecom.com for credit card acceptance for my hosting service and www.instabill.com for other stuff

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment[*]PHP, MySQL, vBulletin, hosting and server admin info, tips & tidbits
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 10:12 AM   #6
havaloc

Unhappy

Costco, the warehouse store, offers really good rates on merchant accounts via Nova.

They would be who I'd go with.
http://www.costco.com

------------------
http://www.click4profit.com - making money on your website, made easy.
havaloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 11:00 PM   #7
Meltdown

Unhappy

Verza only charge 4.9% + 0.99c per transaction
http://www.verza.com/py13001.html

Meltdown
\\\/////
~ ~
@ @
<
\__/
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
riskprocessor

Since every big guy sitting in the market wants business, it is important that you have sufficient knowledge about the industry basics.
When searching for the right processor, transaction fee is a major but not the only consideration. You better concentrate on quality and speed of service. The best deal will be a provider that is up to the mark with everything from credit card processing equipment (machine) and lag time to extras such as gift-certificate processing and streamlined bookkeeping.
Particularly about transaction fee, you can’t expect anything better than a base rate of around 2% per bill. Also, although a third party processor will offer relatively cheaper rates, be really aware of the admonitions associated with them. One of the best examples is 5 to 8% fee on phone orders wherein the number is typed into the system by the merchant, instead of having to swipe the card. It would be a big mistake to give a processor your business before they have explained every single detail that applies to your unique case!
riskprocessor is offline   Reply With Quote