Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #16
demae

Looks like the Hydroderm offer on MaxBounty can't even be incentivized.
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #17
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

On balance, I think most folks would and could understand how a single "deal" might be overlooked and or slip through the cracks. Inspite of one of the strongest "statements" I have ever seen from a Network in over 8 years.

Providing that the Network is willing to post in this thread with details. To say nothing yet with details in this thread, will infact lead others to wounder and that would be a shame. Just ask Dale Begg-Smith (Spyware Gold Medalist) who set off a virtual firestorm with his lack of detailed comments.

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #18
Steven Sauve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_S
Providing that the Network is willing to post in this thread with details.
Actually, MaxBounty is quite willing to post details in this thread. Unfortunately, Jessica was away on Friday so she couldn't reply and I figured it could wait until Monday. But since this thread was brought up again I'll reply in her place.

I actually asked her to make the reply to Kathy's post, I and helped her script the response. Unfortunately, the response was done a little too quickly because I was somewhat upset with this particular part of Kathy's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Same exact products but with one glaring difference. Their payout is less than half what I found on azoogle. Be aware that not all companies are created equal....
I took exception to this statement. MaxBounty launched in Feb 2004 and anyone who has worked with us since then (or even in the meantime) knows that we work VERY hard to provide top-notch rates, functionality, and service to our affiliates. If you google us, you'll find many affiliates who are quite happy with their relationship with MaxBounty and find very few who are dissatisfied. Bottom line, I am extremely proud of the reputation that I've worked two years to build.

Then to come here and read the INITIAL blanket statement "Be aware that not all companies are created equal" and reading the implication that we were a two-bit operation looking to rip off affiliates, well it got the better of me and out came Jessica's post.

I apologize if the post was misleading. I was certainly not meant to be. What the post SHOULD have said was:

You have my personal guarantee that there is no network running any campaign that MaxBounty also has, where we are KNOWINGLY paying less than half of what they pay.

We were absolutely not aware of the Hydroderm discrepancy, and once we found out, we started taking steps to remedy the situation with the back-end merchant.

If there are any other examples of rate discrepancies, I'd invite any affiliate who finds them to contact me directly. We'll work our hardest to get our rates in line with the competitors. We have done that before, and we will continue to do so in the future.

In closing, I'd like to say that I've learned that blanket statements are best kept out of posts, whether they be stated by merchants or stated by affiliates.
Steven Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #19
Kathy

Thank you Steve. This forum is for the purpose of discussing affiliations with companies, CPC, CPA and this was appropriate.

There are many CPA, CPC companies and each conducts their business differently. Tis true, tis true. Hence, be aware that not all companies are created equal...I could say the same thing discussing Yahoo! and Google, ebay and amazon.com.

While you were offended at my words and perhaps the fright of discovering products had higher payouts on other companies and this was exposed publicly, what I was conveying was indeed true. I could have provided other differences in your payouts and my experience with others (including Azoogle) but my logout had been terminated at my request when I saw the products within your offer list at less than I've seen elsewhere. I saw no need to explore further.

I wish you and your company success.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #20
demae

It has now been over a week since I applied to IncentiveMatrix; still no response to my application or to my followup e-mail. I just tried calling them again too but no one answered the phone.

I hope their support isn't this bad if I actually get accepted! (e.g. that they'd give me an affiliate manager person who is actually reachable)

Last edited by demae; 03-13-2006 at 01:28 PM.
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:51 AM   #21
Jay | Canep Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by demae
It has now been over a week since I applied to IncentiveMatrix; still no response to my application or to my followup e-mail. I just tried calling them again too but no one answered the phone.
Been a few days here as well, no reply either
Jay | Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #22
Steven Sauve

Quote:
Azoogle: Hydroderm. Incentivized: 22.00 (free trial)
Azoogle: Hydroderm. Non-incentivized: 28.00 (free trial)
I just want to give everyone an update on the situation regarding the Hydroderm campaign. We had some discussions with the back-end merchant and we are now able to offer the Hydroderm campaign - both the incentivized and non-incentivized versions - at the same rates as Azoogle.

Should this same situation arise with any other campaign, I urge our affiliates (and even non-affiliates) to let us know. We will then do our utmost best to bring the best rate available on that campaign to our affiliates at MaxBounty.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Thank you.
Steven Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote