Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #16
jessebhunt

Quote:
I bought a site that had a 'star' rating at dmoz, only to find a week later, the star was gone. thru my many connections, I ended up finding that the old owner of the site, was, of course one of the moderators for that particular category!
Sorry to get off topic, but... you sould have notified DMOZ, it's against the rules for an editor to give their own site a star.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:23 PM   #17
funwithxp

Default The current bid

Sorry for the late reply guys I'm usually travelling on the weekends...

The current bid is around $4000

Regarding the DMOZ Star - I don't know any DMOZ editor and there is definitely no manupilation involved
Old 08-01-2004, 02:28 PM   #18
jessebhunt

$4000.... Your out of my league.... Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #19
fryman

WOW... $4,000 for a page of links... good news for me, I get even more traffic than this site!

Yahoooo!!!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #20
SinisterX

fryman i see you post on every single forum and all you do is sit in the sales threads attacking them.

Very unprofessional if I might say.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:22 PM   #21
brainhop

Default sinister

All he was doing was questioning the sale, and stating his opinion. Why is that a problem ?

Don't you kind of think your being a hypocrite since your posting just to tell him all his posts are attacks and unprofessional ?

When yours are not related to the original post and all his are ?

If you don't agree with discussing proposals that are launched on this forum perhaps you should just stay a lurker eh ?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:44 PM   #22
SinisterX

i know him from many other forums. he's never interested in any site for sale.

This is a websites for sale section and not an appraisal section which requires bashing. Check his posts on other forums and you'll see what he does.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:56 PM   #23
brainhop

Default lock thread please.

That simply does not matter, you are not a moderator or the owner so you making comments about his comments are more harmful than his comments.

I appreciate other peoples opinion when looking at a proposed website for sell. You may not and thats your opinion but he did not personally attack the owner.

He simply stated his opinion about the website sale.

If this was a simple forum for websites for sale and not meant for discussion then these threads would not allow reply's and you would be able to make use of PM's

Either way, it makes you look lik a hypocrite cause your doing the same thing, but your worse because your personally attacking him and not even close to being on topic.

If a post really bothers you that bad then take the issue up with a moderator through PM's or directly with the writer through PM but posting in the forum like this only clogs it up with non-relevant discussion.

<Admin Notes: Sorry...Locked. You are eligible for another free post in this Forum for a site sale on 8/28/04. The thread is wondering way off topic. Please handle these issues privately and not inside a sale thread. Thank you.>

Last edited by Steve_S; 08-02-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Closed Thread