Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2004, 10:12 PM   #16
john926

Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by shareasale
I would disagree with the comment about being "buried" in our network.....True, we do have over 500 offers available....but the organization of these offers, along with the capability of searching by keyword and product...and as you mention, "Featured" rates that start as low as $60 (although very popular due to low price) make the offers very capable of being found. We've taken a lot of suggestions/etc.. about the organization of the offers, so if you have any specific things you would like to see to improve it further, please let me know...

Also, as i've said before...I don't think the network should be thought of as the magic wand for finding partners/affiliates. It is true that if you have a quality offer, our network, along with many others, will find you a good number of affiliates to work with....However, those merchants who do their own research on potential affiliates, along with good communication with current affiliates - will have the most success....

Guava - PM or email me brian@shareasale.com, about your offer...
I agree! I am a publisher of ShareASale and I find them to be good. I like the way the programs are listed within their site and also how you can easily search for the type of programs that you are looking for.

ShareASale is also one of the popular Affiliate Networks on the Web. At the moment I am promoting over 35 of the merchants sites within ShareASale and I am also making money there. If I can make money with the merchant programs that ShareASale has listed then others should be able to aswell. If I'm making money from the merchants that are listed within ShareASale and if others are also making money, then this only means one thing. The merchants that are listed are getting leads and sales!!!

-------------------------

I'm also an affiliate of DarkBlue but I don't really bother with them as I have not had much success.
john926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #17
irvinehosting

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkBlue
You can view an example of how the pop under works here.

http://www.darkblue.com/advertisers/example/

Can I suggest that you join both networks. I think you'll be happy with both companies
This interesting thing about this is that I clicked this test with the google toolbar activated and only darkblue's exit console showed up. The affiliate link is blocked as a popup. This means that as blockers become more common this hurts affiliates but actually helps darkblue's revenue.
irvinehosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #18
Jen DarkBlue

Lightbulb New Technology & Testing

Hi irvinehosting,

Although pop-blocking software recently became a challenge for DarkBlue’s business model, we have since upgraded our technology so the affiliate link (or advertiser page/site), is always displayed in the front window.

It was never our intention to hurt DarkBlue affiliates or advertisers. This is not in their interest as network members, or DarkBlue as a whole for that matter.

We have successfully completed testing on the new technology (all major browser, system, toolbar, and blocker software combinations) however due to the vast array of potential system combinations, we welcome any feedback from the community.

If you have any further suggestions, questions or comments, please let us know.
Jen DarkBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #19
ezClassifieds

Quote:
Originally posted by TDNetworks
I'm with shareasale as a advertiser now and it is doing good. I would become a advertiser with darkblue but that $500 is making me hold back some since I don't want to put money into it and get no leads like I did with fineclicks.com.
As far as I can tell, they would refund whatever is left of the $500 if one leaves them. I am thinking about them, but not decided yet.
ezClassifieds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #20
ezClassifieds

Bit confused.

People talk about DarkBlue's $500 being a problem. But that is REFUNDABLE if not used.

I visited shareasale, and they want $150 right off the bat and non refundable, called "software access fee". http://www.shareasale.com/pricing.cfm

I take DB's anytime.... what am I missing.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:14 PM   #21
CPMNewbie

Here's the big problem with Darkblue. They require a unique ID that you have to produce in order to track cost per lead or cost per action transactions. A network with a billion impressions and owns both roar and pageseeker should have their own technology to track transactions with not having the advertiser custom program something within the site in order to forward the unique ID to Darkblue. Of course, they do not tell you this until after you sign up as an advertiser.

I hear it's been like that for a few years. It may be a wise move to reinvest in your technology and setup your own pixel tracking like all of the alternative affiliate program companies that do not require this to be done on the advertiser's end.
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:35 PM   #22
ezClassifieds

Quote:
Originally posted by CPMNewbie
Here's the big problem with Darkblue. They require a unique ID that you have to produce in order to track cost per lead or cost per action transactions. A network with a billion impressions and owns both roar and pageseeker should have their own technology to track transactions with not having the advertiser custom program something within the site in order to forward the unique ID to Darkblue. Of course, they do not tell you this until after you sign up as an advertiser.

I hear it's been like that for a few years. It may be a wise move to reinvest in your technology and setup your own pixel tracking like all of the alternative affiliate program companies that do not require this to be done on the advertiser's end.
That could be a problem for html only websites. I do my own php, so this is very easy. Still, agree with you. A good network should reduce the burden as much as possible.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 PM   #23
shareasale
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Quote:
Bit confused.

People talk about DarkBlue's $500 being a problem. But that is REFUNDABLE if not used.

I visited shareasale, and they want $150 right off the bat and non refundable, called "software access fee". http://www.shareasale.com/pricing.cfm
To clarify our pricing for anyone reading.

Upon finalizing an account after it is tested, preferences are set, etc... the first day due is $200. $150 of that is non-refundable as stated as it is simply a setup fee to join the network.

$50 goes to your account balance, which remains yours (i.e., you can close your account at any time and receive the balance back to you) and is used to pay your affiliate (and network) commissions. As commissions occur, your balance is deducted and when it is low - you add more via credit card, paypal, or echeck (ACH).

Now, on to opinion...

I do not think that a $150 setup fee is an unreasonable proposition. Our network contains nearly 900 merchant offers, and we have maintained our very low setup fee to create a level of quality in the offers that are coming in. Give a call to our sales team if you need questions answered such as "how many affiliates", etc... Basically, for what you receive - we feel that $150 is extraordinarily underpriced - and thus a great value to you as a merchant.

If you feel that a setup fee is a completely unreasonable thing for a network to ask of you - then I would suggest to try one of the ones that does not ask for one, such as the mentioned DarkBlue, or Fineclicks.com (which is also operated by Shareasale).
shareasale is offline   Reply With Quote