Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2003, 07:22 PM   #1
ZRide

Default Popupsponsor Stats Way Down?

Has anyone else noticed a HUGE drop-off in popupsponsor stats in the past two days? I'm not sure what's going on, but my sites page views haven't dropped (they're up actually) and my earnings with PUS have dropped hugely yesterday and today.

Are that many more people getting Popupblockers, or what's the story?

Just curious whether other PUS users (or even other pop-up co. users) have noticed a drop off the past couple of days as well.
ZRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:26 PM   #2
digital

it's not just you, my popupsponsor stats is way down too. Don't know what's going on. My site traffic stays constant, but my earnings drop 80% for the past few days. Hope this is only a temporily problem. Anyone email them about what's going on? Hope my earnings go back up for the holiday season.
digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:15 AM   #3
lyndoman

Yes, I am getting reduced revenue for the second day.
lyndoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #4
Eric M

I know 2 other people, including myself, who have been maintaining or publishing even more pageviews than before and have been receiving, for the last 3 days, approximately 10% of what has been received before.

Unfortunately, nobody from Popupsponsor I have emailed can find a problem. Time to leave.

Last edited by Eric M; 12-18-2003 at 02:33 PM.
Eric M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:59 PM   #5
jclarkkent2003

"Time to leave" is correct.

This isn't the first time this has happened. You dig a little bit deeper in this forum and you'll see that last month popup sponsor went down totally and didn't count popups for 4 days or so, and also made on average EVERYONE'S revunue go down by minimum of 50% up to 95% on one person bc he makes most out of referrals and it was a chain effect.

Oversee, Popupsponsor's parent company, posted here replying that the revenues for two months were too HIGH due to an extra server double counting or something, which is TOTAL BS since my revenues were unbelievably stable, they would only go up and down like $0.20 max a day, now they are totally random, one day it's $5.00 difference from the day before. Just shows you that popupsponsor isn't that great anymore.

HOWEVER, I still do HIGHLY recommend popupsponsor and popuptraffic.

they both have their ups and downs.

Popupsponsors:

UP's = FAST payments, they mail checks on the last day of that pay period, so if it's the 31st and you have reached minimum of $25 bucks, you get your check in like 3-7 days max is what I have seen.

Downs = the shifting revenues, the rate stays the same, but they just change how many popups they count for you on a certain day.

PopupTraffic:

UP's: GREAT payout this holiday, $4 popups $3 popunders = $7 bucks CPM, yea baby.

Down's: Payment sent one month after the period. So you earn $25 bucks for november 1-30, you won't get a check until like Jan. 10th. I went once earning revenues for 3.5 months without even asking for a check since my minimum payout rate was so high.

that's my $0.02.
jclarkkent2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
tavenger5

I've been having the same problems also. Is anyone else getting multiple popups on a page that is only supposed to display one popup per browser session?? I just e-mailed them in hopes of figuring out this problem.

About the errors that occured last month; From what I understand we were getting $3 CPM for unique visitors and raw impressions were not being counted. Most people were getting a very good payout because they displayed on pop per visitor. It was explained to me that this error was fixed, raw impressions are being counted and we're now getting $1.5CPM for unique and $3CPM for raw. So if you display more than one popup to the same user then you will see a difference. This is why they mention that some people will see the advantage.
tavenger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
tavenger5

The stats seem to have gone back to normal.
tavenger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
ZRide

Yes <breathes BIG sign of relief>. It does appear that way
ZRide is offline   Reply With Quote