Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2002, 10:30 PM   #46
Czar

Webmaster

Aw shucks.

Anything to help another publisher challenge Nintendo in the high-volume stakes. Get those links and Google spots pumping! If I don't see three figures from you by Christmas, I'll be seeing three push-ups instead!
(hey, wait a second, that didn't end up sounding quite as 'boot camp' threatening as I'd intended.)

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #47
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Talking

Dump 120, my new record is 150, set Monday!!!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 11:59 AM   #48
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

:muttering:

150?!? Oh brother, there'll be no catching you now!

I didn't have such a wonderful day either Monday or Tuesday, but I continue to be astonished at the things people buy that aren't even promoted on my sites.

I get a huge kick out of seeing the toys that some lucky little kids are going to get for Xmas. Geeze...they're probably for kids, but I suppose they could be for grownups. I'd like one of those Queasy Bake Ovens myself, come to think of it!
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:01 PM   #49
alteredskate

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhea
I'd like one of those Queasy Bake Ovens myself, come to think of it!
Haha...aren't they Easy Bake Ovens? Well, maybe it's Queasy Bake when you're cooking.

Last edited by alteredskate; 12-05-2002 at 12:02 PM.
alteredskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #50
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Ah, ye of little faith.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...741881-9948140

And just for that, bub, you're not getting my duck recipe.

Shneetag!
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 03:34 PM   #51
alteredskate

Oh, i see. It's the easy bake over markettered towards boys:

http://www.hasbro.com/queasybake/
http://www.hasbro.com/easybake/

Had me wondering there.

Anyway, to get on topic, I can go through a full week of having 60-100 uniques to amazon and still only sell 1 or 2 items. I guess my visitors are wishful thinkers, not buyers.
alteredskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 08:45 PM   #52
Nintendo

Cool

Yah, this thread is a year old, but the holiday season starts in a week, and I got a few new ideas for Amazon users. These ideas are best used with MrRats COOL script.

1. If you use a script, make it search engine friendly. When I started using mod_rewrite, BANG! Sales went up 300%. And this was in July.
2. Make the store look like Christmas. I got Christmas pictures and music on my stores.
3. Make the title mention the Holiday. Google is deepcrawling all month long, so you can easily change it now, have the title up for the season, and change it on December 20th.

For an example with all three ideas used, look at ordervideogames.com, and click on any system.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:11 PM   #53
jessebhunt

Gracklor:

I just finished posting a thread in the coding forum about something that you wrote in this thread....

Please check it out and help if you can .

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=22617

Thanks,
Jesse
jessebhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:09 PM   #54
Nintendo

Quote:
Originally posted by Nintendo
Dump 120, my new record is 150, set Monday!!!!!
Dump 150. Had 174 items ordered yesterday!!!!!! Now to see how high I can get this season!!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:57 PM   #55
Gracklor

When I graduate, I'm going to brainstorm ideas like Nintendo does. Maybe I can make as much money as he does when I grow up.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #56
bradolson

I had 140 on Thanksgiving and 136 the day after. The totals have fallen back down though. Keep in mind that these are with only 2 sites - I need to get some more sites up. Yesterday I only had 5 sales, but they totalled around $40 in commission (all high price items).

Brad
bradolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #57
Czar

Webmaster

Congratulations Brad, and welcome to Geek/Talk.

I'm expecting big things for you guys this season. Economic indicators have suggested a good increase in holiday spending, but a reduction in the level of clearance discounts offered by real-world stores; both factors that bode well for the cheap-as-chips online retailers.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:17 AM   #58
Nintendo

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar
I'm expecting big things for you guys this season.
Your wish is my command!!! Besides the new Amazon record over a week ago, earnings are going up, up, up, up, up....yesterday I got $304.90 from Amazon, along with over $100.00 from Google. This is better than the year 2000 Internet Gold Rush!! My goal for this holiday season is a day where I make over $500.00, and I'm just $100.00 a way. I hope to do this next week when I'm at the 250% bonus level.

Last edited by Nintendo; 12-13-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote