Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2003, 06:34 AM   #1
Timo

Default Chapter'/Indigo drops commissih

Well this is a total drag...

Effective March 25th Chapters Indigo (the cdn alternative to Amazon) is dropping its commish rates from 15% to 5% (commish junction)

I was about 2 weeks away from finishing my Canadian Amazon alternative too. <sigh>

Last edited by Timo; 03-19-2003 at 06:34 AM.
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:14 AM   #2
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Yuck. I don't make a lot of sales through Chapters Indigo but that 15% commission sure was nice when I did make a sale.

Alternatives to Amazon are pretty wretched. I wish there was a way to break free of their affiliate program without having to use several alternatives. Word on the street is that B&N doesn't convert as well and their affiliate support is almost non-existent.

I pulled all my Toys 'R Us links on Amazon because of their idiotic 'Pick-up at Store' option that subverts the affiliate commission. I switched them to eToys on CJ. That puppy doesn't convert at all. :sigh:

Kind of reminds me of that line from Alice in Wonderland, "You have to run as fast as you can to stay in the same place."
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:44 AM   #3
Timo

Default ugh

How very frustrating.

Our dedicated Canadian users have asked me to partner up with Canadian Affiliate programs so they can shop on-line and support the site. We were hoping to see chapters play a large part

It still will as at the end of the day I would rather give the $$$ to a non amazon company. Its not that I have a hate on for amazon, I just like to spread the $$$ around a little so I am not reliant on any one company or any one particular form of advertising.

Regarding B&N
We tested and had minimal success. <disclaimer>The test was limited (search box only)so we do intend to test on a broader scale via Product Links. I think people went there when they couldn't find what they wanted at amazon(which continues to convert well for us.)

B&N
impressions 12,072
clicks 281

Items Ordered: 9
Ordered Sales $113.85
revenue: $5.69

CPM: .47
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote