Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
jerryp

Default satellite tv/dish affiliate programs DirecTV

Is anyone out there using any affiliate programs for DirecTV or DishNetwork signups? I've seen a few of the sites from the affiliate directories, and maybe it's me but when their urls are like free-dish-network-directv-satellite-whatever.com, I don't get real excited. I ran across American Satellite which is affiliated with DirecTV and was wondering if anyone has a relationship with them and how it might be going. Personally, I'd rather use a DirecTV affiliate because of the sports programming they, like NFL ticket, which is exclusive to them.

Any info on anyone using this type of CPA program, I'd be real interested in hearing your thoughts or any feedback on programs you might be using. Thx.
jerryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 05:27 PM   #2
jerryp

Default nobody?

Is nobody using any satellite / directv affiliate programs?

basically I'm down to americansatellite.com and expertsatellite.com that seem to have the most to offer... Anyone have any experience with either of these.. Thx.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
1lit

I agree with you, Jerry. A lot of satellite TV resellers have really amateur looking websites and URLs and don't inspire you much.

I promote the Dish network through Cognigen because of the residual income element. Their site looks professional. The sign-up page is here. Can't say I've had much success selling satellite dishes, but haven't really started promoting them much yet. Must be lucrative though, judging by the amount of spam I receiving promoting free satellite installation.

Also saw satellite services being offered by an affiliate program at DirectLeads, which you might want to check out.

I don't know any affiliate programs for DirecTV, but maybe somebody else can offer you some advice?

< Referral URLs snipped/modified. As you know, these are not permitted on GV. >

Last edited by Czar; 10-30-2002 at 09:40 AM.
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:18 PM   #4
jerryp

Hey 1lit, thanks for the reply. Kinda looks like I'm on my own here. my second post lists two directv affiliate programs and I would much rather use them because of the sports programming they offer that is exclusive to them like nfl sunday ticket. And these things have a nice bounty for them so I figure it's worth a shot. Now I just need to decide between those two. thanks again.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:08 AM   #5
Edwin

Have a look at VMCSatellite.com. Their site is ugly, but they pay $50 a signup and they DO pay!
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
iwinweekly

Is it just me or are there tons of people try to advertise these programs. I see them all over the place. I would think it would be hard to make any money with these since they are all over and tuff to sell over the net.
iwinweekly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:56 AM   #7
jerryp

Edwin, thanks for the info on vmc, I've seen them before but they are dish network, not directv. I signed up with one of the linkshare sites for a smaller site I work with already to test out the dish network stuff... but for the bigger site I'm with we really need to go with directv because they have the sports packages and the site is sports. So well end up playing with some different links to full page ads and stuff to see how it will convert, but the big selling feature will be the sports programming directv offers.

iwin, yeah, there are, but I figure with the right promotion and the sports stuff that directv has, we should have a decent fit for a fairly targetted product. last I heard there were something like 18-20 million households with satellite tv which IIRC was about 10% of what cable has. So it seems to me there's some growth opportunity there too.

I get a ton of spam on the satellite stuff, but we'll mainly be promoting the sports programming, it'll be targetted to our audience and of course it will be just one of a number of programs for creating revenue. And until we try it, who knows but it makes absolute sense to try it.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:28 AM   #8
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by iwinweekly
Is it just me or are there tons of people try to advertise these programs. I see them all over the place. I would think it would be hard to make any money with these since they are all over and tuff to sell over the net.
I absolutely agree! Anything I get in my daily spam that is also used by cj or fineclicks, I will not look at. When so many use it as spam, I can't see these programs making much with respectable merchants and it is no surprise when I get notification that fineclicks has dropped them (not necessarily the satellite thingy, but many others)
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote