Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Search Engine Marketing & Optimization
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2001, 07:19 PM   #1
Magic2K2

Default How many hits are you getting from Yahoo?

I'm only getting like 25-40 per day, which seems rather low. I am listed under Sports/Basketball/News and Media

How many do you get?
Magic2K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
mjames

That's not bad. We're in the Sports/News and Media directory and I doubt I get that many just from Yahoo! in one day. It's mostly from Google. It depends on how populated your category is.
mjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 07:15 AM   #3
Hope

We get about 50 referrals per day from Yahoo directory and about 175 referrals per day from google.yahoo.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 02:13 AM   #4
Gracklor

In recent history, I believe I've seen 150 - 350 referrals from Yahoo per day. (For a humor site...URL is in my profile.) Not a bad return for the 8 months of torture that I spent trying to get my site listed.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Hi Magic2k2,

I have two web sites. One has five indiivdual pages listed in Yahoo (but not the index) and because I use the Hitbox tracker I don't know how much traffic Yahoo is sending to those pages.

My other web site was *finally* listed in Yahoo after several attempts to get listed over the course of a year and a half. (Persistence pays off!) It's only been listed since Saturday but I'm seeing about 40 hits a day referred by Yahoo. But...I'm also seeing hits from people who've added the site to their "My Yahoo" page. A nice little added benefit. Considering that I haven't *ever* paid for a Yahoo listing, I'm quite pleased with the results.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 04:45 PM   #6
Kepeck

My site gets around 150/day from Yahoo!. I run several desktop enhancement sites. They are all listed in Yahoo!, and they all get around 150/day. That is not too much in my opnion.
Kepeck is offline   Reply With Quote