Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Google Search Engine and AdWords
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #1
TryUsOut

Thumbs up PPC Tips for Beginners

Just wanted to share some tips I advice some of my clients.

For PayPerClick campaigns, don't just rely on using top keywords for your PPC campaign - this is the reason why others are failing. Bidding on top keywords will yield you less as competition for these are stiff already. The technique here is opting for other long tail keywords that is more likely to yield specific results because specific searches on long tail keywords or phrases are the ones that usually convert. Those who employ such search are more likely to buy IMO.

PPC is a trial and error campaign for newbies. Always test the water before jumping in. Be cautious on how much you bid at first, weigh first what keywords convert in your niche after a test run so you will know what works and what doesn't. There are two ways of bidding - the agressive (high) and conservative (low). This will greatly depend on how much budget you are willing to put in.

You should also try out other PPC providers for more reach on your campaign and to test what PPC platforms works best for you.

What are your effective techniques for a better ROI on PPC? Share in guys!
TryUsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
JimC1999

Good tips, also new ppc advertisers should realize the importance of a good pulling ad. If your ad pulls well you will pay less for your clicks on adwords. Try a few different ads and see which produces the best results. A relevant landing page will also result in paying less for clicks and a better conversion rate.

Last edited by JimC1999; 07-15-2008 at 07:30 PM.
JimC1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
TryUsOut

That's a nice tip as well. Thanks for the contribution
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #4
catches4u
Member.

Very useful advice about PPC.Thanks for share.
catches4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
realistic
Member.

Great tips. Thanks for sharing tips.
realistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
catalonia

I would suggest using long tail keywords only after your campaign is rolling and your converting clicks into dollars. I think with Adwords you should be looking at a minimum of 3 weeks to a month to get some good google analytics going before you start tweaking and don't forget always split test it'll save you bundles.
catalonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 AM   #7
realistic
Member.

Dear Friend,

Here I am new member.

And really helpful tips about ppc.

Thank u very much for sharing
realistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 AM   #8
angelinalove

This will be useful for me as I am learning PPC nowadays.
angelinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
analynn.lucia12

I always create my own sets of keywords even if they have less traffic as long as they are profitable. Also targeting the exact location gives a better chance of sales.
analynn.lucia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #10
TryUsOut

Glad you have find my post useful in a way Cheers all!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:11 AM   #11
shilpamg

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.
shilpamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:09 AM   #12
webdesigndc

Thanks for these, very good tips on PPC campaign. These will help me lot, currently I am working on PPC with Google Adsense.
webdesigndc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
ellehc

I totally agree with you. Newbies should research more on this before going at it. Thanks for sharing these information.
ellehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
sam1

Hey thanks for the information.

The important factor to note about PPC is the ad content. they should be of pull nature to make them more productive. and newbees should do some research on before venturing in to these.
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
diaadrian
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryUsOut View Post
Just wanted to share some tips I advice some of my clients.

For PayPerClick campaigns, don't just rely on using top keywords for your PPC campaign - this is the reason why others are failing. Bidding on top keywords will yield you less as competition for these are stiff already. The technique here is opting for other long tail keywords that is more likely to yield specific results because specific searches on long tail keywords or phrases are the ones that usually convert. Those who employ such search are more likely to buy IMO.

PPC is a trial and error campaign for newbies. Always test the water before jumping in. Be cautious on how much you bid at first, weigh first what keywords convert in your niche after a test run so you will know what works and what doesn't. There are two ways of bidding - the agressive (high) and conservative (low). This will greatly depend on how much budget you are willing to put in.

You should also try out other PPC providers for more reach on your campaign and to test what PPC platforms works best for you.

What are your effective techniques for a better ROI on PPC? Share in guys!
Good tips but needs more details. Thanks for information
diaadrian is offline   Reply With Quote