Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2000, 10:43 AM   #1
click2mo
Member.

Unhappy "Make This Site your HomePage" Script?

Hello guys,

I don't usually post at this forum much, although i visit often. Well, i just wanted to know if anyone here has a script that he/she can share with me. I need a script that functions like: when someone visits my website: www.pokemon-z.com, then a window alert pops up asking them to make my website their HomePage.
I already have a script that pops up a window that asks visitors to add my site to their favorites for IE, but i'm now looking for a script that will popup a window to make my site the visitor's homepage.

If anyone has this script, Please reply to this message or send an email to: click2mo@yahoo.com

P.s: visit this site, www.pokemon-z.com, and you'll see the add to favorites script in action.
Thanks a lot!!!
click2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2000, 02:44 PM   #2
EmiGrante

Lightbulb

from the HTML source of that site:

<script language="JavaScript">

<!-- Hide the script from old browsers --
// More scripts like this at www.java-scripts.com

var now = new Date(), x;
now.setTime(now.getTime() + 365 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000); //set exp. date for 1 year
now = now.toGMTString();

x = document.cookie.toLowerCase().indexOf("bookmark"); //see if cookie exists
if(x == -1){
document.cookie = 'bookmark = anoyeds cool page; expires=' + now + ';'; //no mk1
window.external.AddFavorite(location.href, document.title);
// --End Hiding Here -->

</script>
EmiGrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2000, 06:00 PM   #3
click2mo
Member.

Angry

I've tried to search for that particular script, but it seems it might not exist. All i can find is the add to favorites script, but not make this site your homepage script.
Old 07-11-2000, 09:07 PM   #4
mlbs2000
Member.

Unhappy

------------------
From Mafyou/MLBS2000[*]Webpage: Anime Gaming Gold[*]E-mail: mlbs2000@psypoke.com [*]ICQ: 74466003[*]AIM/AOL: Mafyou54
[*]:: Anime Gaming Gold, Your Source for Anime and Gaming on the Net ::
Pokémon, Dragonball, Digimon, Zelda, Monster Rancher, Gundam Wing, Evangelion, Sailormoon, Card Captors, South Park, Blizzard Studios (Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo), Perfect Dark and The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by mlbs2000 (edited 07-11-2000).]
mlbs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2000, 11:48 PM   #5
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Don't know any offhand click2mo - but have you tried doing a search at www.javascripts.com ?
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2000, 07:36 AM   #6
click2mo
Member.

Lightbulb

Huh?
Old 07-13-2000, 10:03 PM   #7
mlbs2000
Member.

Unhappy

Sorry, I edited it because I said something with no point at all, so didnt wanna waste your time by you reading it. Maybe I shoulda kept my message there because of the confusion (for example http://geekvillage.com/ubb/confused.gif hehehe) and the point that I replied to tell you what it was. BTW, I think where the only Pokémon Webmasters in here, my site used to be on Pokémon, but then moved to Anime, Anime/Gaming, and Now all Entertainment (that'll be up by the 20th of this month I'm hoping http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif)

------------------
From Mafyou/MLBS2000[*]Webpage: The Entertainment Gold Network[*]E-mail: mlbs2000@psypoke.com [*]ICQ: 74466003[*]AIM/AOL: Mafyou54
[*] The Entertainment Gold Network
Coming Soon..... Anime Gaming Gold, Britney Spears Gold, Big Movies Gold.....
mlbs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote