Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #16
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Thanks for making me laugh, Darnell!

I guess when push comes to shove I'm really more of a rebel-without-a-spine than anything else. I'm kind of laughing at myself though. I wish I was brave but it doesn't seem to be in my genes.

If any of you think you'd like to pursue this matter with the 'corporation' I'll consider selling it to you for $1. And I'll kick $10.00 back to you for your legal defense fund!

Thing is, it must have been a pretty good parody for the 'corporation' to pursue the matter. It kind of smarts to know that I came up with something good and I can't even share it with anyone.

Oh well! Thanks everyone for your interest, advice and expertise. I don't know why I keep getting into messes like this. I'm not evil...just a little naive.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:37 PM   #17
darnell

Well you did nothing wrong.

I understand though. When you know their "army" is full and ready for battle and you have a very small army it's not bad strategy to pull back .

What if a bunch of webmasters just passed a page like that around and kept a company waisting their time and money... Now that's funny .
darnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 07:52 PM   #18
FunPortal
Member.

The ACLU looks out for the ACLU by taking on high profile cases.

I had attempted to use them a long time ago and was denied, Because they really only take the highest profile cases. I mean sure this may become a high profile case but what are the odds. It seems you have two options keep the page up as face a possible legal battle or remove the page before they have time to act.

* If you are curious being fired from my job on Christmas Day without cause wasn't a "Civil Liberty" abuse according to the ACLU
FunPortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:24 PM   #19
darnell

Quote:
Originally posted by FunPortal

* If you are curious being fired from my job on Christmas Day without cause wasn't a "Civil Liberty" abuse according to the ACLU
I don't know about NJ, but GA is a "right to work state". Meaning we have the right to work and the company has the right to fire anyone for any or no reason at any time. We also have the right to walk off the job for any or no reason at any time. Basically as long as they don't fire someone for being a minority, handicapped or elderly (federal civil rights violations) it's legal.
Old 05-16-2002, 07:07 AM   #20
Dave-AHFB

I was reading the post and thinking to myself "give it to me, I will stand up to the big wigs" I have been in court twice this month, yesterday most recently (won again) with another court date on the 29th. My fiance was a little upset with me, she says I get too arrogant after a court battle, but she also stated that she kind of understands since I have ALWAYS won! My attorney is no doubt a hot shot and his most famous case was defending the ex-husband in the quad-mom case.

Even better, if you want to mess with them, have a new owner every day

edit: Upon further review I see Darnell has already suggested passing it around

Dave

Last edited by Dave-AHFB; 05-16-2002 at 07:09 AM.
Dave-AHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:50 AM   #21
FunPortal
Member.

Quote:
I don't know about NJ, but GA is a "right to work state". Meaning we have the right to work and the company has the right to fire anyone for any or no reason at any time

Darnell, I believe NJ is. But what i'm saying is you can't count on the ACLU. I mean if being fired on Christmas for Religious beliefs isn't enough for the ACLU why would this case interest them?
FunPortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 10:35 AM   #22
darnell

Quote:
Originally posted by FunPortal

Darnell, I believe NJ is. But what i'm saying is you can't count on the ACLU. I mean if being fired on Christmas for Religious beliefs isn't enough for the ACLU why would this case interest them?
WOW, fired on Christmas possibly because of your religious beleifs. Now that sounds like a case to me.

You are right though, the ACLU just wants high profile cases, so people keep sending them money.