Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2000, 05:56 PM   #1
WildComputer

Unhappy Considering setting up a new CJ program - need feedback

BACKGROUND

Hello as most of the regular members of this board know, one of the sites our company owns EBookCompiler.com where we sell E-Book software.

EBookCompiler.com sells our E-Book software ($29.95). We have an affiliate program for this through ClickBank (pays $13.35 per sale) who also handles the CC handling. The audience for our software is primarily opportunity seekers, webasters and authors - so this is where our affiliates do best.

Please do not me wrong, I am very happy with our results so far. We are selling a growing & significant quantity of software - and our affiliates are generally doing well.

Do not get me wrong... I am extremely happy with ClickBank, as are I believe our affiliates who get checks up to bi-weekly...

BUT However I would like to have a LOT more (like a few thousands of affiliates).

PLAN

Therefore I am considering the following steps (and have already taken some preliminary steps):

1. Setup a near duplicate site of EBookCompiler.com with a different domain name

2. On this "other" EBookCompiler.com we will do the CC processing ourselves via our merchant a/c

3. This "Other" EBookCompiler would have a Commission Junction affiliate program.

4. It is my understanding that we are bound by CJ's terms to offer identical (or better) prices & pay rates to affiliates through their network (we would do this anyway). So $13.35 commission per $29.95 sale.

5. Our ClickBank program will continue to remain active too or ebookcompiler.com - so those who prefer ClickBank (for example because of payment terms) can continue using that program instead.

QUESTIONS

Step #3 above is a significant step for us:

- more management time as we need to manually reconcile any voided orders etc.

- setup time & costs

I therefore want to know that if I do proceed with implementing this program, that the CJ program will be worth the effort

So the questions:

- Are people interested in CJ's pay-per-sale programs? There seem to be so many leads programs, I'm wondering...

- Would you (or people in general) be interested in this program?

- Would you (or people in general) be more likely to join the affiliate program if it was in CJ as opposed to if it was only in ClickBank?

- Extra Question: If we add more products, would you prefer that we setup 1 site + affiliate program for each of them - or different programs for each...

Any alternative suggestions, questions, feedback etc. are welcome too

------------------
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote