Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2000, 10:10 AM   #1
RamAir Productions

Unhappy What does it worth?

What's the value of offspringnation.net ? I registered it thru domainzero (not the one with the banner ut the one that is now paying registrar). I know it's a .net but The Offspring own offspringnation.com and they use it for their new cd. I wanted to make a web-based e-mail site with everyone.net and a discussion board for the fans, but have no times (yet at least)
Old 12-26-2000, 02:06 PM   #2
Ted S

Unhappy

In truth, a domain like that is worth very little, unless the .com really wants it. And chances are they have a copyright on the name already which means they can just tell you to cease and desist, and guess what, you have to give it up http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Ted Sindzinski
Extreme Factor Scuba & Extreme Sporting
Image Harbor Free Image Galleries
Old 12-28-2000, 08:44 AM   #3
RamAir Productions

Unhappy

Yeah you're right for the copyright, but i don't think they would do that knowing them like they are, but still you never know. I'll stay with my first idea and make a discussion/e-mail site with it.
Old 12-28-2000, 02:46 PM   #4
Ted S

Unhappy

ROFL

Just because offspring is a semi-hard core rock band doesnt mena a thing about what they will and will not do to those people who violate their copyrights. Take Metalica, a group who made it because of bootleg tapes. They had no problem turning almost half a million fans in for POSSIBLE copyright infringment. Assuming is not a good idea.
Old 12-28-2000, 03:59 PM   #5
RamAir Productions

Unhappy

lol, you've got a point here
Old 12-28-2000, 07:09 PM   #6
DJ_B

Unhappy

hehe...I couldn't stop but to snicker after reading that post about how offspring is "too cool" to do a thing like that http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thats OK though, I've made stupid comments like that on this board before too, but we won't go into them here http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif
Old 12-28-2000, 08:07 PM   #7
YeahBuddy

Unhappy

Though I agree with the Metallica example (Metallica bites IMHO, BTW), Offspring is pro-Napster. But you never know..

"'We're not afraid of the Internet. We think it's a very cool way to reach our fans. If a band sells 12 million albums, what are we supposed to say? Oh, maybe we could have sold 13 million if we had just been Internet Nazis. Frankly, at a certain point, you have to say. Hey, let the people have the music.'

- Dexter Holland (Offspring), Inside.com, 9/15/2000"