Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2000, 05:05 AM   #1
Skystar
Member.

Unhappy Wanted: Email program that automatically sends out my newsletter

Hi -

I sell a weekly newsletter online, & need a program that will automatically send email to new subscribers when they sign up.

Here’s what I need:

1. I have a gateway account & a merchant account with iBill.

2. When a buyer’s credit card is approved iBill sends out a confirmation email.

3. I want this confirmation email to go to a program or a Web site that sends the buyer this week’s newsletter in 4 seperate emails.

4. The buyer’s name and email address then goes into a database.

5. Once a week the database sends out a new newsletter.

Anybody know a program that will do this or can you write one that will?

Thanks a lot -

Earl
skystar@silcom.com
Old 12-24-2000, 01:08 PM   #2
hobbnet

Unhappy

I don't know if this is exactly what you need but take a look: http://www.groundbreak.com/s/tr_index.html
It allows you to send out emails at time intervals which you set....So you can send out X number of emails over X days.
Old 12-24-2000, 03:40 PM   #3
Ted S

Unhappy

Skystar -
ALthough there are many newsletter programs, I have yet to hear of one that combines newsletter features witha paid signup process. Most likely you will not need a script quite as complex as you would think, since iBill provides near instant confirmation of credit cards (or atleast it should provide such services).

If you are intrested in hiring a programmer, I would be intrested in taking on this job. If you want to do this yourself, you should probably start with a simple newletter script, look for iBill's authorization code and integrate the two.

Good luck!

------------------
Ted Sindzinski
Extreme Factor Scuba & Extreme Sporting
Image Harbor Free Image Galleries
Old 12-29-2000, 12:00 AM   #4
EdGause

Unhappy

Hi Earl,

The Postmaster/IES software can do exactly what you're looking for. There's also an online version from the same company if you don't want to do it yourself.

You can download the demo software (good for 20 days) at: http://post-master.net/rs/cynted/

The online system is located at: http://www.postmasteronline.com/home/11042/index.htm

They're having a holiday special right now: Try the FULL system right now for 30 days for only $1.00. I don't know exactly when that ends.

Regards,

Edward http://cynted.com
Old 12-29-2000, 06:07 AM   #5
Skystar
Member.

Thumbs up

Thank you hobnet, Ted and Ed

Earl