Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-1999, 02:13 PM   #1
Bryan

Cool Sponsors for GetFreeJunk.com?

This message probably doesn't belong (sorry) but I need a quick fix on sponsors.

Can someone give me a quick list of sponsors that have text links/pay per sign-up. I am in the process of creating my new free stuff site and need a general idea of which sponsors pay per text link click, e-mail sign-up, sign-up for free savings, you know anything of the sort.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
-Bryan
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-1999, 03:06 PM   #2
KHN
Member.

Cool

So you're jumping on the Free Stuff bandwagon .

Well, there are tons of free stuff links at Click Trade and have you sign up with websponsors and cyberbounty??

------------------
KHN
Looking for Webmaster Resources??
Click Here Now!
www.thefreeguide.com

KHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-1999, 03:16 PM   #3
Bryan

Cool

Yeah, I'm selling out, kinda. Anyway, I can give it a solid start with 3k hits a day from my other site. Anyway, stupid question, do all of those pay http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif ? Also, how do I get accepted without any content on getfreejunk.com?

Thanks in advance

------------------
-Bryan
Old 10-22-1999, 03:28 PM   #4
KHN
Member.

Cool

Yes all of them definatly pay.

Just use your current site to get accepted and change it latter.

------------------
KHN
Click Here Now!
www.thefreeguide.com

Old 10-22-1999, 05:34 PM   #5
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thumbs up

Another good one that I just started using for text/button/banner links is DirectLeads. (www.directleads.com) They operate basically the same way as Websponsors, but they seem to be a bit better about informing users what's going on. Some of their programs pay better as well (eg. SpeedyClick). They've been great so far.

You could, of course, use AllClicks as well. http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.potofgold.org
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-1999, 06:15 PM   #6
tteenie

Thumbs up

I have to agree with MZ about Direct leads, & they just got even better. Now you can even get your own mirror page site with your code in all the links INCLUDING the Webmaster referral which there is a banner advertisement to recruit webmasters at the top of your page...that makes me very happy... http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif It is a really nice professional looking page.

OOPs..Yowsers!...I messed up the UBB code in my sig! http://gigglegarden.com/Halloween/

------------------
Beware of the cyber-scare!
gigglegarden.com/Halloween/

[This message has been edited by tteenie (edited 10-22-1999).]
tteenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-1999, 06:29 PM   #7
KHN
Member.

Cool

I think that CyberBounty and Websponsors are both better than DirectLead. DirectLead don't have much programs as the other two.

WS have tons of sponsors and CyberBounty have more popular programs way before anybody else have it such as Gator, Alexa, Free CD Roms, NPD and a few more. But I do like the Direct Freebies site even though it don't have much freebies.

------------------
KHN
Click Here Now!
www.thefreeguide.com

Old 10-22-1999, 06:31 PM   #8
Bryan

Cool

I don't know about that man. That green layout imtimadated (spelled wrong) me, but after a few minutes I finally got the gumption to sign-up.

The thing about free stuff sites, is that they are forced on users. People just don't go surfing for free stuff, the get linked by some unknown force and somehow end up at a free stuff site, making it very hard to earn a buck.

------------------
-Bryan
Old 10-22-1999, 06:38 PM   #9
Bryan

Exclamation

I know this will cause a stir, but what do yall (excuse my Southernness) make daily on yall's sites?

Also what is the uniques.

Trying to get a money to traffic ratio here.

------------------
-Bryan
Old 10-22-1999, 06:43 PM   #10
Arn

Cool

And there is a LOT of competition. So many free-sites out there.

arn
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-1999, 06:53 PM   #11
KHN
Member.

Cool

Actually there are some free stuff sites that are very popular.

freestuffcenter.com >> 20,000 unique visitors a day.
thefreesite.com >> 30,000+ unique visitors a day

I'm get about 750 uniques a day and just about 2 weeks ago it was only at only 300. The most important thing in a free stuff site is to get your visitors join your mailing list. I know a few sites with 10,000-20,000 subscribers and it's a major way to get return visitors and earn revenue.

People might not search for free stuff directly at search engines, but they do search for words such as Free Wallpapper, Free Software, Free Money and ect...

------------------
KHN
Click Here Now!
www.thefreeguide.com

[This message has been edited by KHN (edited 10-22-1999).]