Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2002, 08:35 PM   #1
qball0213

Default How is Focalex doing?

Was curious if everyone else's Focalex signups we're dropping? Ever since the 14th mine have been on the way down, and since this past weekend it's doing even worse, after adding the code too more pages. I'm curious as to wether it's a problem at Focalex or is the pay for yahoo email already having an effect.
qball0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 09:46 PM   #2
bstrawse

Default Re: How is Focalex doing?

Quote:
Originally posted by qball0213
Was curious if everyone else's Focalex signups we're dropping? Ever since the 14th mine have been on the way down, and since this past weekend it's doing even worse, after adding the code too more pages. I'm curious as to wether it's a problem at Focalex or is the pay for yahoo email already having an effect.

There's a note on the news page that their stats are running behind..

B..
bstrawse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:33 AM   #3
FocaJohnL

Hi qball0213,

bstrawse is right that we did have a stats freeze around the 22nd or so, which should be fixed by now. (For the non-Focalex folk out there, this was due to some planned database maintenance and upgrading, during which no data was lost.) However, that doesn't explain why you've seen a dropoff since the 14th. Please PM me or send an email to affiliates@focalex.com, so that we can look into it in more detail.

Thanks,

John
FocaJohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:24 PM   #4
wentzco

Hi John,

Unfortunately I had to remove my Focalex pop-up off my magazine site when I started using the Google Ad Select program because of their "no pop-ups" policy. I am disappointed with their policy.

Have you noticed a lot of websites who are in the same bind and has this affected your bottom line?

Larry Wentz
www.AffiliateNetwork.org
wentzco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 09:58 AM   #5
FocaJohnL

Hi wentzo,

Sorry for the delay in replying. While we haven't seen a huge impact on our affiliates due to Google's restrictions, it certainly doesn't help.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried / considered setting up a different landing page for Google hits, without popups, and running their other inventory on a non-Google page? I.e., take all the traffic you get from Google and route it to a copy of your home page, without popups. Naturally, this only makes sense if you have different traffic streams, but it's a thought. Chances are you'd want to track those Google hits separately anyway, and a separate page might make that easier.

- John
FocaJohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 10:29 AM   #6
Gracklor

Question

What kind of converstion rate are you guys seeing? (ie, how many people are confirming?)

Last edited by Gracklor; 05-09-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 11:23 AM   #7
wentzco

Quote:
Originally posted by Gracklor
What kind of converstion rate are you guys seeing? (ie, how many people are confirming?)

It looks like I have almost a 40% conversion conversion rate. I've been having to pull off the pop-up on my sites when I have a Google Adword Select campaign running so not many sign-ups occur then. However - I now have added the embedded sign-up form as well.

I know I only produce a small amount of sign-ups compared to many others but it is nice to see a "solid" email affiliate program like Focalex exist.

Larry Wentz
www.AffiliateNetwork.org
Old 05-09-2002, 11:26 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Thumbs up

The conversion rate that I've seen this month has been astounding, albeit on relatively low volume.

My May conversion ratio is presently bordering on 20% (entirely from TAF/RAF links), which equates to about 8 cents/raw signup.

In previous months, the same creatives have converted at between 8-12%, which is still very respectable.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 12:26 PM   #9
wentzco

I don't know why the heck I haven't been using the refer-a-friend link from Focalex. I now have replaced the recommend-it banner that wasn't producing well on my magazine site with a sharp-looking customized button link. I'll have to add those buttons to all of my other sites.

Larry Wentz
www.AffiliateNetwork.org
Old 05-10-2002, 01:26 PM   #10
Gracklor

Question

I tested out a TAF on the Focalex site and noticed that after the actual "TAF" form, there are several different offers before the final "thank you" page. How do surfers respond to these? Do they get annoyed, go through the entire thing, or just close the window?

Last edited by Gracklor; 05-10-2002 at 01:27 PM.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 02:16 PM   #11
dwergs

Can anyone tell me where I can find my Focalex popunder stats? I can see my signups alright, but there's nothing on the popunders I've been using for a week.
dwergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 07:57 PM   #12
qball0213

They only post the popunder earnings on Sundays usually, the end of the week.
qball0213 is offline   Reply With Quote