Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
ryanw

Default Casale Dropping Account

Just got an email that Casale is going to be dropping my account containing a couple websites for underperformance. Has anyone experienced this? I've been using their pops mainly. Just curious...

Last edited by ryanw; 09-23-2004 at 06:10 PM.
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
JustSurfing

not me *knock on wood*... I'd be curious what my performance with them is but they don't provide click thru stats. My guess is if you start serving majority defaults then you might know you're in trouble. I use them as a fastclick default but make sure to filter out fastclick's lower paying ads so that a significant percentage filters to Casale (ie. 30%+), otherwise you're just sending them bottom-of the barrel junk that'll probably get you dropped.
JustSurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:50 AM   #3
Eriky
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

They send me a warning with two violations, which both are not occurring on my site(s). Checked that very carefully. I gues it had to happen sometime, casale is not doing that great lately. I wonder if they are just trying to kick me and others this way, because my sites do not underperform or anything.
Eriky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:59 AM   #4
ryanw

Quote:
Originally posted by JustSurfing
My guess is if you start serving majority defaults then you might know you're in trouble...otherwise you're just sending them bottom-of the barrel junk that'll probably get you dropped.
What's funny is I had just bumped them up to first tier over a week ago...maybe they were just looking at aggregate information over my whole account history.
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
kams7ue

Angry

Received the same mail with same 2 voilations.. need to check the site... One of them says:

Quote:
As a general rule, Publishers within the Casale Media network are required to display maximum of one 728x90 leaderboard and a maximum of one 120x600 skyscraper per page.
But I did not find such statement anywhere in their terms and conditions ( I read it second time).
kams7ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:56 AM   #6
fireklown

I got the same email about the max of 1 sky and 1 leader per page. BUT. I don't even use the sky's and only have their one banner on the page.

What I think it was, was I also use Focusin and Realcast on the page, and lately A LOT of the focusin ads, as well as the Realcast ads, have been Casale ads. I think litterally like 20-30% of all the RealCast ads I serve are from Casale. It's always the "Warning your computer has spyware" stuff.

I'm just assuming that's what they are talking about. I took the focusin/realcast ads off, but if that wasn't what they were talking about, then I'm totally lost. I sent them an email explaining things, so hopefully I'll hear back too to find out what the deal is.
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:32 AM   #7
CPMNewbie

Yea, I've noticed that almost all of RealCast's ads are coming from Casale. Is that all they are doing? Reselling Casale?
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:05 AM   #8
jokearound

lots of networks resell others inventory to fill their own gaps, ive seen casale on budsinc aswell - I guess its a sign that casalemedia is doing very well!
jokearound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:39 AM   #9
kams7ue

No. No. I am running only one casalemedia leaderboard and only one casalemedia sky but I think what they are referring that As a general rule that publisher only uses ONE (and only one) sky and ONE leaderbd per page. (not just by them, but total of 1 and 1 ad.).
This is what i figured out. Or am i missing something here...

-kams

Last edited by kams7ue; 09-25-2004 at 07:41 AM.
kams7ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
jokearound

that would make sense to me...the more ads, the more diluted the response...
jokearound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:01 AM   #11
Eriky

Quote:
Originally posted by kams7ue
.. but I think what they are referring that As a general rule that publisher only uses ONE (and only one) sky and ONE leaderbd per page. (not just by them, but total of 1 and 1 ad.).
This is what i figured out. Or am i missing something here...
-kams
I'm not sure if I understand you:

Description of Violation(s):

1. Multiple Ad Placements: As a general rule, Publishers within the Casale Media network are required to display maximum of one 728x90 leaderboard and a maximum of one 120x600 skyscraper per page.
2. Active X Content. Casale Media ads are being served on pages within your property that spawn Active X prompts and/or automatic downloads of trojans.

So what they say is you can run the following on an page:
1 leaderboard
1 sky

So you can have both on one page.

Last edited by Eriky; 09-25-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Eriky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
emmzee

Quote:
Originally posted by Eriky
I'm not sure if I understand you:

So what they say is you can run the following on an page:
1 leaderboard
1 sky

So you can have both on one page.
I think what kams7ue was saying is "(not just by them, but total of 1 and 1 ad.)" ... so, he's saying that you can have 1 leaderboard and 1 skyscraper ad from Casale on the same page, but no other banners/leaders/skys from any other provider on the same page. So, for example, you couldn't have a casale banner and sky, and also have a budsinc banner and sky on the same page. I don't know if that is true or not, but I think that's what kams7ue was saying.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote