Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 07:44 PM   #1
click2mo
Member.

Default Complaint: Standard Internet

2) Tuan Nguyen

3) http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com (http://www.freakyhumor.com)

4) kevinkobe@yahoo.com (webmaster@dbzgtlegacy.com) (my account id for SI programs are "click2mo")

5) Last Tuesday, November 25, 2001, I sent an email to admin@allclicks.com. On that Friday/Saturday, I sent an email to admin@bulkclicks.com. On December 3rd, Monday, I sent an email to Steve of SI through the email system of SICTalk.com, and on December 4th, I sent two private message to Robert of SI on geekvillage and on SicTalk. I haven't received any replies for those emails/messages. Then today, I sent another private message to Robert on SicTalk, and he replied telling me to go ahead and post a complaint on Geekvillage so that he'll explain the reason for this problem. Without this complaint, Robert would not explain to me what is wrong with my account.

,6) The exact nature of your complaint. Devoid of profanity, efforts to defeat our filter, with your own facts and not here say. Please be civil, very specific, and adhere to our Posting Guidelines and our Rules.

I have been a member of the Standard Internet programs for over one year and a half. Since I joined, I've always received my checks on time, and always have I received a reply to my emails, usually within 2 days. I have not received my $958.80 Allclicks.com check for the month of October, which was sent out on about November 15th, 2001. Therefore, I sent an email on November 25 to admin@allclicks.com regarding my missing check. Days later, I sent more emails and messages, but did not receive a single reply. I also tried to post a message on the SICtalk forum about my account, but the thread was deleted, most likely because they do not allow threads about personal accounts.

I have been earning hundreds of dollars with Allclicks for the past months. I've always received my checks on time. To my knowledge, I have not/did not attempt to cheat Allclicks in any way. I also believe that I have not violated any terms in the Alllcicks TOS. I believe that SI may have made a mistake with my account. I understand that SI flags users' account that they find are blatantly cheating. If a webmaster happens to violate a term unintentionally, they will send an email to the webmaster about the problem, but not instantly terminate the account without reason.

I do not know why SI apparently thinks that I am blantantly cheating, since they have not replied to my emails. My site, www.dbzgtlegacy.com , receives an average of 14,000 unique visitors and 110,000 impressions daily. My humor site, freakyhumor, receives about 14,000 unique visitors daily also, with about 60,000-80,000 impressions daily. For the month of October, I earned about $30 a day with Allclicks by placing blindlinks on my dbzgtlegacy.com site. I placed about 5 clever blindlinks on the top left of the menu bar on every page of the site. Those blindlinks received about 1000 clicks a day. I also have a blindlink on freakyhumor, but it receives much fewer clicks as it is not a prominent blindlink. All these blindlinks were in compliance with the Allclicks TOS.

I have also not received the revenue that I earned with Bulkclicks.com while my account was still active. My account was terminated on November 14 for unproductive clicks. Here is the email that i received from the Bulkclicks admin:
>>>>>>

To: webmaster@dbzgtlegacy.com

Subject: Important message regarding your BulkClicks account

Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:37:54 -0800

Hello,

We have monitored the traffic coming from your BulkClicks link and we have
found that it is producing an unacceptably low click-thru-rate.

At this time we must ask you to remove your BulkClicks links at your
earliest convenience, but no later than 7 days from today (November 14,
2001). This is simply a business decision as at this time it is not
profitable for us to continue purchasing this traffic.

You will be paid in full for all traffic sent according to the BulkClicks
terms on the next normally scheduled pay date of December 12, 2001.

We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to participate in
our
ClickThruTraffic.com, TextLinks.com, and ClickHereForCellPhones.com programs.

Sincerely,

Monica Heim-Gouldys
Standard Internet Corp.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In that email, Monica, a SI employee announced that my account will be terminated for underperformance. She also stated that I would be paid for my earnings in October and November, in which i earned over the minimum amount. But I haven't receive the money, which was suppose to be combined with my Allclicks check. I know that the November checks are sent out by December 12.

I know that something is really wrong here, and I hope that Standard Internet and I can resolve this problem quickly.
Old 12-05-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thanks for the Complaint.

For the benifit of others from Item 5 in our BB Posting guide at:

http://www.geekvillage.com/posting_guide_for_bb.htm

The exstract:

If you are not a party to the issue, but wish to add positive comments to the thread to help both parties, please do so. If you are not a party to the issue (you did not start the specific Complaint topic), and wish to post your own negative comments, YOU MUST START A NEW THREAD AND FOLLOW ALL OF THE PROCEDURES OUTLINED ABOVE.
Old 12-06-2001, 02:48 AM   #3
singloon

GeekGuide

Maybe the postal system is slow ? I only received my SI cheques dated Nov 15, 2001 on Monday about 3 days ago. This is the Xmas season afterall

Old 12-06-2001, 05:39 AM   #4
Paul_S

I don't know anything about the issue at hand, however it does seems pretty ordinary that a sponsor won't reply to emails without an official complaint being made on this forum. I'd say its both a waste of everybodys time and an abuse of this forum.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
WebFanatic

Not to get too far off topic, but I would have to agree.

I have no idea about the current issue at hand but there should be some sort of response from affiiliate programs to publishers.

This is not, by any means, pointing fingers at any one affiliate program, but the whole industry in general.

Of course some are better than others in their responses. This goes for whether the publisher has general questions about the program, inquiring about payments etc.

Also, nobody wants to be deemed a cheater if, in their minds, they feel they haven't done anything wrong. That is the worse possible feeling. I know people (my brother) who have gone through it before.

I guess all we can do is wait for a response from Standard Internet.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:08 AM   #6
KarateKid

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_S
I'd say its both a waste of everybodys time and an abuse of this forum.
I only read forums like these to see who is not paying. Where else are you going to get info like that? Is there a TV show to watch? Are there newspaper stories? Are there radio broadcasts? As far as I know the only place to find out what moneymaking programs make money for webmasters are webmaster forums.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:12 AM   #7
Czar

Webmaster

My suspicion is that the three most recent posters to this forum have not given Steve's inser or Item 5 of the posting guide the attention that they deserve.

We treat official complaint threads very seriously, and follow a rigid set of guidelines for several specific reasons. Please respect this policy and only add positive comments that assist both parties in resolving the issue if you are not party to the incident. Negative comments should be made in a seperate thread in order to keep things clean here both for Robert and Tuan.

Let's be fair to those concerned, please.

As to my minor input, Singloon is quite right about the continued postal delays associated with SI's region of the world. Us Aussies received our FastClick checks well before the Standard Internet issues this month (with SI's posted 5 days earlier), as a result of Standard Internet being located in NJ - a region whose postal infrastructure was affected badly by the WTC and anthrax incidences. Given this fact, if Tuan's account is in good standing, he may very well receive payment tomorrow.

What I know of the BulkClicks issue is that this is not limited to Tuan's account, but affected a handful of those larger publishers whose traffic delivered through the program proved unproductive. In this case, as explained in the termination email, members in good standing will receive compensation in full for those clicks delivered prior to the termination date.

Robert will undoubtedly fill in the gaps as soon as he is available to do so. Until then, please refrain from cluttering this thread with unrelated or negative comments.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 12-06-2001, 09:24 AM   #8
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Robert Mooney
Standard Internet Corp.
robert@standardinternet.com
1-877-DOMAIN5

Mr. Nguyen's was sent the email below on 11/7/01 when his traffic was found to be grossly unproductive after an audit.

While processing payment checks our bookkeeper alerted us to a number of new accounts all going to the same address as a set of existing accounts. Upon investigation of this and other SI accounts it was determined that Mr. Nguyen had opened 8 seperate SI accounts all using minor spelling variations on his first name. All of the accounts had the same mailing address and half of them used the same valid SSN. The other accounts were opened with invalid SSNs. An example of one of the fraudulent "feeder" pages sending traffic from a fake account is here: http://io.spaceports.com/~pokets/main2.html?

It was further determined that each account was sending the bulk of it's traffic from different sets of IPs from the same IP block in New Zealand.

For example:
Allclicks account #1 sent traffic from 203.97.2.240 to 203.97.245
Allclicks account #2 sent traffic from 203.97.2.246 to 203.97.250
BulkClicks account #1 sent traffic from 203.97.2.235 to 203.97.2.239
Other BulkClicks, Clickthrutraffic, and popuptraffic accounts followed the same pattern.

These accounts and traffic patterns were investigated and documented by a partner in Standard Internet and I fully agree with his determination that this account was attempting to send fraudulent traffic thru multiple accounts.

Standard Internet's policy is that we refuse to further service accounts which deliberately attempt to defraud our company.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:48 AM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

Thank you both for your input.

As per the guidelines established in Item 5, this thread is now locked, and the dispute considered closed forever on this forum. Any follow-up correspondence between the two parties involved should take place via Private Messaging or email.

Thanks again,

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Closed Thread