Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-1999, 09:34 PM   #1
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

WebAdverts does the trick for me.
http://awsd.com/scripts/webadverts/index.shtml

------------------
Need a sponsor for your website? Over 350 to choose from!
www.websitesponsors.com
Chet@websitesponsors.com

[This message has been edited by Steve_S (edited 09-12-99).]
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-1999, 11:44 PM   #2
cyberjr

Default banner rotation software

Does anyone know any good rotation software?
cyberjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-1999, 10:30 AM   #3
cyberjr

WebsiteSponsors,

How would I install it??
Old 09-13-1999, 01:10 PM   #4
fairhousing
Member.

get the program nanotech used. it rotates banners and even clicks on them for you. of course, he didn't know this before he downloaded it, guess that feature wasn't in the faq or readme file.

http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/wink.gif just having fun

------------------
My Site Got Hacked Check It Out www.birminghamnet.com

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-1999, 03:20 PM   #5
WildComputer

Write your own - I did :-) This is not just a facetious comment - I really believe you can improve click rates by targetting the banners shown to the page/surfer. Now I use need more ads to target at surfers...

------------------
Add your site - to the top 100 - affiliate programs, free stuff, shareware, cars, games, sports....
www.hits4me.com/custom/

WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-1999, 08:25 AM   #6
cyberjr

fairhousing,

What is the name of nanotech software, and where I might get it?

Is nanotech webpage www.nanotechusa.com?
Old 09-14-1999, 10:42 AM   #7
Craig Holatko

* nods to WildComputer http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

The one I wrote is extremely basic, but it is as effective as I need at the moment. Besides, its helping me actually begin learning perl other than looking at and editing a couple scripts I downloaded before (that Matt's wwwboard more or less)

Need more ads? Clicktrade might have a couple good ones left but you'll have to do a little bit of digging through their revenue avenue to find them. The last time I searched there it took me quite a while to find 15 or so that matched with my site, but your wildcomputer.com one probably wouldn't take as long to find some you can use.. :-)

[This message has been edited by Craig Holatko (edited 09-14-99).]
Craig Holatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-1999, 11:18 PM   #8
WildComputer

Yeh I'm using ClickTrade, Clickxchange, WS and CJ.

I have found a couple of been approved for 2 really good ones in CT that are paying me $0.25 and $0.15 per click - unfortunately these are a bit specialized, so I there isn't much point in giving them to many general rotations

My algorithm is to rotate by category (about 150 categories) from a max of 8 ads (e.g. 8 different financial ads shown on financial related pages), and if I don't have enough ads to make 8 for that category, I pick one from my general pool of ads of which I have about 15 in general rotation. It's too new to say whether this is just good theory - or whether it's gonna work in practice. The thing that is good - is having you own s/w means you can iteratively improve it until you get better results.

I also use CT ads in a more traditional kind of way. For example in a "tip" about shorter URLs - at the bottom of that page there are CT links to a few of these services.

The honest truth is I need more ads, but I need more visitors more on the new site. On WildComputer site, I don't rotate - and am actually max'ed out on ads, and seem to have hit a wall on the daily number of surfers.

My main success to date has been with per-sale and per-lead ads, so I still have a lot to learn.

I'd notice flycast and doubleclick do reverse lookups on surfer's IP and target ads by geographic location. I'd like to add that to my ad rotation system.

I know that I am wondering off the main/real topic of this thread, so I'll stop there, with the closing statement that common sense dictates some kind of structured rotation (not necessarily the approach I'm using) has got to be better than random rotation

------------------
Add your site - to the top 100 - affiliate programs, free stuff, shareware, cars, games, sports....
www.hits4me.com/custom/

WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote