Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2000, 04:37 PM   #1
WildComputer

Unhappy

From your site

Quote:
The program works very simply -- you start at ten percent, and after you refer more clients, your percentage will go up by 1%, up to a total of 30%. Refer fifteen clients, and you get fifteen percent of what we get from those clients.
Unless I'm misreading it, I think you need to edit the wording: 10 + 15 X 1 % = 25% ?

I see from your post here that it's really 10 + ( 15 - 10 ) X 1% = 15% as you

Regarding commissions it also needs to be clear if this is a residual for on-going hosting fees or not, what minimum checks are, terms of agreement

Your competition for the higher end accounts is Virtualis' lower end, e.g. the MINI

Your competition for good affiliates is Virtualis too. They have 25% commission, but I understand they are changing their program in the near future.

On the subject of web hosts with affiliate programs, NitroMax have a nice looking program too, and they offer 24% commission

And btw, in my opinion, there is a gap in the market for a lower-end solution with an affiliate program, rather like your cheaper accounts.

If you want to recruit smaller affiliates, you should get in one of the networks with combined commission checks, like Commission Junction

Hosting features - What do people want?

Judging my the regularity of this topic on the webmaster's forum, more traffic allowance.

HTH
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2000, 04:42 PM   #2
davidzon

Question

Hrmm more bandwidth? We have some of the largest bandwidth allowances anywhere.

The %'s are from ANY profits.

You are correct 1-10clients = 10%
after 10clients, %'s go up
davidzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2000, 04:49 PM   #3
WildComputer

Unhappy

davidzon, i know...

just said it's a common request to have more

the point is your competitor - the virtualis mini ($36/month) is 30gb/month

btw i do think you'll see a somewhat skewed group on this board, plenty of people here with real busy sites...

i'm also guessing you'll see a bunch of affiliates here rather than "true" resellers

it's arguable that this discussion should go in "making money" as it covers affiliate programs, but as it also covers hosting & reseller accounts, i'll leave it here

the other thing i didn't mention is what's your USP ? Ideally you'd have one for both recruiting affiliates and getting potential customers

------------------
[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 03-31-2000).]
Old 03-31-2000, 04:56 PM   #4
davidzon

Unhappy

USP? Up stream provider?

SkyNetWeb / UU.Net
Old 03-31-2000, 05:02 PM   #5
WildComputer

Unhappy

Unique Selling Point
Old 03-31-2000, 05:06 PM   #6
davidzon

Unhappy

meaning exactly what? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Old 03-31-2000, 05:15 PM   #7
WildComputer

Unhappy

Meaning what differentiates your service and/or affiliate and/or reseller program from all the other web hosts ?

Why would a customer choose to buy your hosting in preference to somebody else's ?

Why would a webmaster/designer choose to partner (affiliate or reseller) with you rather than somebody else?

...I don't mean post an answer here...but I do mean you should have some reasons up your sleeve (and on your site) that show a clear benefit for working with you in preference to other alternatives.

------------------
Old 03-31-2000, 05:19 PM   #8
davidzon

Unhappy

Well the great success of our other project Global Reaction Network has depended purely upon our amazing level of support. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Reliability and support are our key points, and I felt it wasn't really THAT necessary to brag on the web site. We are the leader as GRN, and we will be the leader as ThinkHost http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Very few providers offer to host web designers for free http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif Thats a pretty big leap.

Our marketing strategy is going to be a tad different from most others, and I think its gonna work marvelously, since we already have a bunch of clients ready to sign up.

Old 04-01-2000, 12:48 AM   #9
davidzon

Question Whats wanted in a webhosting program for web developers?

Howdy folks,

After our immense success with our TownServer and GetServer projects, I have decided to start a new company, ThinkHost which will provide webhosting at very competitive rates. You can check the site out at http://www.thinkhost.com

What I am looking for though is what would make webmasters switch? Currently we are offering free web hosting to any web development company, and also up to 30% of all fees (first through tenth client = 10% each, and then increasing in 1% with each client for ALL accounts). But I am curious if there are some sorts of other things that people want in a web referral program.

We are set on becoming the best web hosting firm around, and developing the same sort of reputation we have developed previously with other projects -- a reputation for reliability, stability, service, and unbeatable prices.

What do you think of our pricing??

Pretty much any comments are welcome, I am looking for feedback. Although our order system is not yet quite finished, we intend to go live by Monday, and I'd really like to get feedback on where we should head and what people really need.

So please check out the site and let me know what you think and where you think we should head. Any ideas are very much welcomed!

Thanks,

Vladislav Davidzon
Senior Partner
ThinkHost