Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > geek/create
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2005, 01:49 AM   #16
Czar

Webmaster

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

After careful deliberation, Team Geek has decided upon a badge set, which they feel best suits our aesthetics and culture.

CONGRATULATIONS FUNPUNCH!

FunPunch's irreverent designs, which come complete with a mascot for the forum, are as follows:

We will modify these graphics slightly to reduce their dimensions and to correct one small typo, before rolling them out later this week.

Thanks again to all those who took the time to enter. I sincerely hope that our future geek/create contests (another one of which will be launched this month) attract an even greater number of entries. It's amazing to see what you folks can produce when challenged.

FunPunch will be contacted within hours with the offer to choose between the following four prize options:
1. $100 cash paid via PayPal
2. $100 Amazon.com gift certificate
3. One year's hosting under the "Business Basics" package by GC Host, which is valued at approximately $150. This includes 100MB space, 2GB data transfer and the provision of exceptionally personal service.
4. Four month's advertising placement within the "bottom region"'s text advertising panel on Geek/Talk. This region is outlined here and the placement is valued at $199.80.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 08-11-2005, 02:15 AM   #17
Jan

Administrator

I wonder how many geeks wear a collar and tie?

Congratulations Funpunch
Old 08-11-2005, 03:20 AM   #18
FunPunch

WOW! What an exciting first news of the day. I am thrilled by the thought of most popular web masters forum will be using our created badges on their site. Man! I am feeling so lucky.

And a bundle of thanks to the Admin for holding such an exciting contest and to Team Geek for selecting us as winners. We hope this success will open a whole new avenue for our illustration/animation business.

We have decided to go with the option number 4.

Best Regards
FunPunch
Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 AM   #19
Larwee

GeekGuide

Congratulations FunPunch. You did a great job. The work is very creative and adds a nice touch to Geek/Talk.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:47 AM   #20
James

Congrats, Funpunch. Those icons are fun, stylish, and have a nice and clean feel. You've done a great job.

And I'm sorry that I wasn't able to participate in this contest, due to time constraints and illness.

I'll be sure to start coming around here more often, to see if I can enter in the next one.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #21
Rivux
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Maybe I am a bit bias but I am suprised that a new graphic was created for Contributing Geeks. The old graphic just doesn't look that good anymore compared to these new fancy ones.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:07 AM   #22
Strafe

Congrats FunPunch, great work you got there.

Too bad I was not able to join the contest, the prizes look alluring

So, whens the next contest happening?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:23 AM   #23
Larwee

GeekGuide

Strafe, Czar says it will be this month.
Quote:
I sincerely hope that our future geek/create contests (another one of which will be launched this month) attract an even greater number of entries.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:19 PM   #24
JFS

oh no
i missed this one...
shame on me *me cries*
Old 08-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #25
Czar

Webmaster

Strafe, JFS and all other creative geeks,

Thanks for expressing an interest in the next geek/create contest. While I can't give you a definite launch date, I hope to have the next contest running before the end of August. I've already decided on the task, so it's now just a matter of defining the brief and prize selection.

Stay tuned for more design fun...

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 08-20-2005, 06:28 AM   #26
James

Sounds like da shiznit

Can't wait