Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
SEScoops

Default Problems With CASALE's Defaults System

Hey peoples:

I got accepted to Casale this week and have been very happy with what I've been seeing thus far. Their rates are good, the interface is very informative and easy to use .. I just have 1 issue.

I use Casale as #2 in my "chain", with Burst being my primary and then all defaults going to Casale. I have other ad companies I work with and would like to make them #'s 3, 4, etc. My problem is setting up defaults with Casale.

In the control panel, it has the following fields (all are required):

* Image URL
* Click URL
* Creative HTML

I figured the "Creative HTML" field is where I put the ad code for the next company in my chain. However .. what goes in the "Image URL" and "Click URL" fields? It's not 1 static ad I want to run, I want to default to my Google Adsense code.

How does this work?

Last edited by SEScoops; 05-12-2005 at 07:25 PM.
SEScoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I'm in the same situation with the chain (chaining Burst->Casale), and here's what I always assumed about those fields:

I'm thinking that in instances where the visitor to your site has Javascript turned off, Casale would display normal href/img banners instead of the usual script codes ... and if those banners default, they'd need to have normal href/img tags to use as your defaults. Hence they want you to fill in the Image and Click URLs ... which I think are displayed only to non-Javascript users, and do not have to be in any way related to the Creative HTML.

The above is just what I always guessed was the case, it may or may not be true but it makes sense to me anyways.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
SEScoops

Hey:

You were right.. I did a little sleuthing (ok .... i clicked the "Help" button) and got the following:

Rich Media/HTML Default Campaigns - If you require a full rich media default campaign, please select this method for default campaign creation. Please note that a click URL and an image URL are required for browser compatibility in addition to your rich media default code.

For rich media default campaigns, in addition to a field for entering the code which will display your rich media default, we require both a click URL and an image URL field. This is for browser compatibility reasons. There are a small percentage of web browsers that do not have the ability to display rich media advertisements. In these cases we require non-rich media ads to display to the user.

-----

Thanks anyways
SEScoops is offline   Reply With Quote