Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2001, 06:03 PM   #1
HitMan

Unhappy Guaranteed Unique Visitors - Taffic Giveaway

I run a special marketing service that delivers guaranteed unique visitors to websites throughout the internet.

Well, I am making a special deal to all Geektalk members.

I am selling a package of 1 Million Unique Visitors Within One Month for the price of $1000. Our normal price is $3000. This is a very good deal, as you could probably make more money off banner ads, or any products or services you offer, etc.

Not only do I consider this a very good deal, but if 5 people order this package, you will get a guaranteed 100,000 unique visitors for the next 12 months for any website you choose, although it must be legal.

Adding on to that. Also, if 5 people order that package, I will give away 50,000 unique visitors to 10 different websites, all the unique visitors will visit your website within one month.

I will let you know if I get 5 orders. If I do, the first 10 differnt people to contact me will get this offer, thanks to the Geektalk members.

Bob

[This message has been edited by HitMan (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 06:23 PM   #2
Edwin

Unhappy

Bob,

Can you give a few more specifics about the program? Is the traffic from blind links? Exit consoles?

The company I work for had an astonishingly bad experience with a *similar sounding* very low-cost traffic deal through ClickHeretoFind.com where, after sending us over 50,000 visitors we only obtained a couple of signups to our free newsletters! They ended up refunding our money.

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 1,000+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/
Old 05-31-2001, 06:34 PM   #3
HitMan

Unhappy

There are a few ways we get traffic.

Banners- Someone would click on a banner ad which would lead to your website.

Pop-ups- Your website you pop-up/under on high traffic sites.

Search engines- We have a tactic to get your website to the tops of search engines (for a short period of time).

This is a very cost-effective way of advertising your website, as other advertising methods either don't work or cost too much.

Any "legal" sites are allowed, and we also almost always over-deliver the traffic.

We can possibly (depending on your websites topic) target visitors to your website. We can't guarantee 1,000,000 people will be interested, but we try our best.

Bob

------------------
TR Promotion
Old 06-01-2001, 01:26 PM   #4
gethosted

Unhappy

Could you educate us on which sites these visitors will come from?

------------------
Ezcoolpages: Free 20 megs webhosting for all sites, including celeb.
Harsh Rejection: Send a clever personalized E-poem to show your true feelings.
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 06-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #5
Edwin

Unhappy

A word of caution... BANDWIDTH!

Seriously, if you're thinking of taking up this (or any similar offer) you need to do some careful math.

If the main page you will be loading from the offer is 25KB in size, including all graphics and text, etc., then 1,000,000 impressions of that page will be 25GB of additional traffic you didn't have any other month.

On many shared hosting plans, that will cost you a lot of $$$ - or get you shut down for overloading their servers.

Of course, 25KB for a page is actually pretty low these days, so make sure you do the math for all elements of your first-loading page, including banners (if you serve them yourself)

On top of that, you're going to have to allow for traffic to other pages (hopefully!) but of course by then the traffic should be starting to pay for itself and then some - otherwise, why bother in the first place?

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 1,000+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/