Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:48 AM   #1
SlipknotCPD

Question Slipknot Fansite Taking Offers

Topic/Post Title:
SlipknotCPD.com - Slipknot Fansite

Your name:
Douglas Alvarenga

Your Email address:
webmaster@slipknotcpd.com

URL of the site:
http://www.slipknotcpd.com

Age of site:
~4 years

Traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY):
~2900-4000+ pageviews/day
~900-1500+ uniques/day
*traffic varries from month to month, a major factor is whats going on with the band at the time (new album, new tour, news etc.)

Source of traffic:
google, yahoo, lots of link exchanges etc.
*site appears eighther on the first or second page of google and yahoo search results for "Slipknot"

Asking price:
???$x,xxx

Gross and net revenue per month (Total):
~$140-$200+ (also varries from month to month)

The specific source of your revenue (Names/Details for each. DO NOT post your Google AdSense data):
Currently using Google Adsense and Demologic

*Includes message boards and a mailing list with currently 1000 subscribers.

-------------------------

*NOTE: This is a maybe.... The site may not entirely be sold. I currently am thinking of only selling to whoever agrees to keep me as a co-webmaster of the site. you will be the owner and webmaster of the site, but i want to be able to have a say when it comes to major changes. consider this mostly a way for you to invest to make a small investment (the site will pay for itself). i will not be entitled to any of your revenues earned by the site. This may not sound very reasonable to lots of you guys but i spent 4 years of my life working on that site and i would prefer that it is not torn to shreds inside out.

Ive been thinking hard lately about selling my website because i dont have much time for it anymore and i need money quick, but i cant make up my mind. im posting this up to see if i get any decent offers.

questions and offers: webmaster@slipknotcpd.com

Last edited by SlipknotCPD; 03-05-2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Hi Douglas. Thanks for your compliant post.

Selling a site that's this close to your heart cannot be easy. I do sincerely hope that you are able to find a buyer who is prepared to offer a reasonable price for the site, while keeping you on in an advisory/editorial capacity.

Best of luck.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 03-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
SlipknotCPD

its gonna be hard i know, but me staying as co-webmaster is just a thought for now, so if youre interested at all email me
Old 03-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
thegauntlet

SlipknotCPD...I know what you are going through. I recently sold a music site I made in 1999. Made good money, I just wanted to focus on one site. Was very hard to sell. I made sure the guy who bought it would keep it intact. I turned it over to him, and helped out for 3 months updating and showing him the ropes...gave him my contacts, set him up with bands, labels, advertising, everything. 2 weeks ago, I decided to see how it's going. Site hasn't been touched. Full of eye care and male enhancement text ads...popups, active-x, etc. Very disheartening. The money I got from it wasn't worth it. I wish I just put up a RIP page for the site and give it a proper death instead of a slow painful one.

Last edited by thegauntlet; 03-06-2005 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #5
SlipknotCPD

another idea i received was that the owner buy the site and pay me to run it so i basically stay the webmaster but the owner is entitled to the ad revenues....

this is all negotiable, so let me know if youre interested.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:18 AM   #6
SlipknotCPD

sorry, the site is no longer for sale
Closed Thread